rapid color change

hi all,
on my current show I need a similar effect to the first bit of the SHOWPIX demo video(attached) where there is rapid color changing for about 2 seconds. So far I have made one cuelist with ten cues of different colors, put the delay to .5s and set the macro to GM. The problem I am having is that the macro is firing without looking at the delay and it skips straight to the end of the cuelist where the lights fade out

any ideas?:confused:

by the way i'm using varilite Vl2000 wash lights

www.highend.com/HESDirect/showpix/showpix.html
Parents
  • [quote=snowman]Forgive the ignorance but what is 2x mode and how do you get it?

It is a mode where the CMY wheels take the shortest path to the next value rather than have to spin around again....makes for some AWESOMELY fast CMY color changes....faster than Studio Command even!:headbang:

You can turn this mode on from H3 by selecting the Mode slots from the toolbar near the bottom of the right screen (directly next to Control).

[quote=snowman]I needed the color changing to start on GO then stop after the sequence is completed... ... ... ... can you do that with an effect, or would you use one cue to start the effect and another to stop it?

Brian is correct...use the NShots column in the effects engine to specify how many times the effect will run....you can also edit this on a fixture by fixture basis by using the NShots in the Programmer or any other Editor.

Hope this helps:)
  • [quote=snowman]Forgive the ignorance but what is 2x mode and how do you get it?

It is a mode where the CMY wheels take the shortest path to the next value rather than have to spin around again....makes for some AWESOMELY fast CMY color changes....faster than Studio Command even!:headbang:

You can turn this mode on from H3 by selecting the Mode slots from the toolbar near the bottom of the right screen (directly next to Control).

[quote=snowman]I needed the color changing to start on GO then stop after the sequence is completed... ... ... ... can you do that with an effect, or would you use one cue to start the effect and another to stop it?

Brian is correct...use the NShots column in the effects engine to specify how many times the effect will run....you can also edit this on a fixture by fixture basis by using the NShots in the Programmer or any other Editor.

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related