How do you lay out your Hog

HI folks:

I have a Hog3PC with 4 monitors (works great) 2 touch panels and 2 CRT's im just curious how you lay out your panels.

my screens are numbered 1 - 4 from left to right

screens 1 and 2 sit above the playback and programming wings respectively and are both touch screens
screens 3 and 4 sit to the right of the programming wing and are both crt;s

on screen 1 i have it divided into 3 sections -- the upper 2 are the color wheel on the left and the color directory on the right, the lower section goes all the way across and is the primary show cue list

screen 2 is divided in half and has the groups and position directories open in it - we are an all conventional house except for some LED wash lights. I use the positions pallete to build looks that persist from show to show, although for our current show im considering replacing all or part of the positions pallette with the list directory as i wil have a number of chases there

Screen 3 has the programmer and screen 4 has the output

im just looking for ideas or ways to do things better

TIM
Parents
  • If you're using only conventionals and some LED's, you might not need the programmer to take up a full screen since you don't have many columns of data to display. You could use side by side windows on that monitor to give access to something else, like your list window perhaps.

I have just the 2 touchscreens for our iPC and have two views I most commonly use. One called programming which has the cuelist window on half of the left screen, with all my pallets (ICPB) on the other half stacked on top of eachother; the right screen has the programmer on half and the group directory on the other half. My other view is called service (as in church service), which simply has the cuelist window on the left screen and the right window the same as before as we generally only need to make slight intensity adjustments during a service.
  • If you're using only conventionals and some LED's, you might not need the programmer to take up a full screen since you don't have many columns of data to display. You could use side by side windows on that monitor to give access to something else, like your list window perhaps.

I have just the 2 touchscreens for our iPC and have two views I most commonly use. One called programming which has the cuelist window on half of the left screen, with all my pallets (ICPB) on the other half stacked on top of eachother; the right screen has the programmer on half and the group directory on the other half. My other view is called service (as in church service), which simply has the cuelist window on the left screen and the right window the same as before as we generally only need to make slight intensity adjustments during a service.
Children
No Data
Related