Dimmer Flickering on an iPC

I have a customer running an iPC that is experiencing flickering outputs from dimmers at 0%. If he gives them an intensity value of 1%, the problem disappears. It's a permanent install and they have the iPC connected to their Lectrol dimmers via a Pathport network.

He said an old remedy for that problem was to adjust the DMX refresh rate of the console, but he didn't see anyway to do that in the Hog 3 manual. I am wondering if it's a dimmer issue or perhaps noise on the Ethernet line in the Pathport network. I don't see how the console could be causing it unless there is something to the DMX refresh issue.

Anyone else dealt with a problem like this? Thanks in advance.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the dimmers. As far as I know they are less than 2 years old and native DMX, but I will have to confirm that. They might have moved dimmers out of their old space and re-installed them.

They are not sure where the issue is coming from, so I will pass your info on to them. Sounds like it's probably a Pathport or dimmer issue.

A related question. You can slow down the DMX refresh rate, can you increase it past 25/sec or is that the limit? Does the limit very between consoles or DP-8000s/2000s? Thanks again.

Travis
  • Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the dimmers. As far as I know they are less than 2 years old and native DMX, but I will have to confirm that. They might have moved dimmers out of their old space and re-installed them.

They are not sure where the issue is coming from, so I will pass your info on to them. Sounds like it's probably a Pathport or dimmer issue.

A related question. You can slow down the DMX refresh rate, can you increase it past 25/sec or is that the limit? Does the limit very between consoles or DP-8000s/2000s? Thanks again.

Travis
Children
No Data
Related