Podcasts

Would it be a good idea to have training center as podcasts?
  • Do you mean training podcasts? If you do, then I agree. The "what pro's say" podcasts are quite enjoyable to watch. The training videos would also be handy to have when out on a gig if we forget something. Then again I have never forgoten anything lol. Good for beginners and people who wish to learn abot the O/S though.
  • maybe if they made some more in-depth stuff, the training videos are a little bit basic . . . . .
    good idea though
  • [quote=snowman]maybe if they made some more in-depth stuff, the training videos are a little bit basic . . . . .
    good idea though

True. Then again, there is a very well written manual... I have read it 4 times. It has never lied to me... :)
  • [quote=lyjwow26]...Spam Removed...

...wow, is it me, or has this topic derailed all of a sudden...?
  • [quote=theDutchGuy]...wow, is it me, or has this topic derailed all of a sudden...?

Im sure I reported that post some days ago now...
  • Sorry guys...

we try to ban spam and delete the spam as quick as possible and some times it take a bit longer than others... fighting spam is like "the war on drugs"... it just keeps coming...
  • ETC does a really good job of creating basic videos for their SmartFade ML lighting console. I can give them to all of my guys to watch and they can set up, patch, and get things up and running very quickly after watching them. Granted, the ML is not a very complex console, but I would love to see similar videos.
  • Tom-
    We do have introductory videos available (including video guides to patching, as you mentioned). Please visit www.highend.com/support/training/wholehogtrainingvideos.asp. These videos are designed for an audience that is completely new to the Wholehog system. The formal training classes that we offer are the best way to get the more "in depth" information. The videos are a place to start, but they will never replace the live classroom sessions.

With regards to Podcasts, it is simple enough to provide them in that manner; however, having tested their playback on an iPod and an iPod Touch, I can tell you that most of the detail of the content is lost due to the small screen size. The 640x480 that I design them in seems to work best. There are other delivery options that we have discussed in regards to an RSS feed so that you can store these on your choice of portable media platform. If and when we find a suitable platform to do this, I will make a post on the forums. Believe me: I want to make as much training information about these desks available as possible, but I want to make sure it is done right (and to keep this information available at no cost).

With all of that being said, while I will continue to make more of the introductory style screencasts in the future, we are also planning a reformat of the style for additional future training videos. There are somethings that I just can't show you in a screencast. Of course, this takes more budget, so we'll really need to hear from the users out there that this is helpful and that you want more.
  • First Cat, compliments on the current videos, they are cool. I think DVDs would also be a good idea, like the MA one.
  • [quote=CatWest]
    With regards to Podcasts, it is simple enough to provide them in that manner; however, having tested their playback on an iPod and an iPod Touch, I can tell you that most of the detail of the content is lost due to the small screen size. The 640x480 that I design them in seems to work best. There are other delivery options that we have discussed in regards to an RSS feed so that you can store these on your choice of portable media platform. If and when we find a suitable platform to do this, I will make a post on the forums. Believe me: I want to make as much training information about these desks available as possible, but I want to make sure it is done right (and to keep this information available at no cost).

I agree, that some detail of the content is lost on a Ipod. I just thought Podcasts is a nice way to automatically keep things updated and also synchronice the media to go with you. I usually watch podcasts on comp screen (the resolution of podcast is mostly 640X480), but sometimes watch them also from my Ipod nano. For me the little screen has not been big issue, cause usually things are also well explained. My favorites are Photoshop user TV and Photoshop killer tips.
Related