iPC Freeze

Last night during a show I had an iPC lockup and was forced to restart not once but three times any one else having any similar problems? any ideas what may be happening?

was just pressing bump buttons at the time

Cheers

Steve
Parents
  • iPC
    2 x 15" ELO touchscreens
    1 x playback wing
    keyboard & mouse

Hi,
    I had a similar problem with a loan iPC recently. I think the Bios battery is flat as time changes every time I power up the console and I am guessing that this caused the other problems. Time changes by 1 hour only, minutes, seconds and timezone all remain correct.
    However, I will continue with my problem for your info!
    iPC was delivered to me with v2.6 software. As my shows are V3.0.x I had to upgrade it.
    I did a full install with V8.4 iso disk. Load show from thumbdrive. Console ran ok all night.

Next day when I turn on the system the iPC starts up until the 1st iPC screen, then hangs. I restart via reset button 2 or 3 times, then it got past this, to the iPC screen after the animated hog screens. It hangs again, but with a 'microsoft error' window, telling me XP had shutdown due to serious error and asking to send info. click on 'send' or 'don't send' and the error message repeats, indefinitely. Restart with reset button.
    This repeated 2 or 3 times, until finally the 'microsoft error' window is replaced by a Hog error saying it cannot find frontpanel & it needs frontpanel to carry on.

a note: During all this the Frontpanel doesn't seem to be working, ie track ball not moving cursor but mouse does. External keyboard works. The playback wing is being initialised, ie 'choose button' leds flash.

I started console with V8.4 iso disc to try and do a full install again.
    It got to the Hog window, similar screen to when asks you to do full, partial etc, but this time the screen said cannot find console type and asks me to retry or exit.

I opened up the console, removed, cleaned and reseated video card, L adaptor and ram.
    Rebooted console with V8.4 iso disc, did full install. Load show, and doors open! Phew!!
    I still didn't think about Bios battery, but guess that if I had changed it early on my problem would have been solved faster.

The console has run ok past 2 days. I'm sorry i didn't have time when all the problems occurred to log it all properly, but I had limited time before doors opened and no spare console!

Regards,
    Craig
  • iPC
    2 x 15" ELO touchscreens
    1 x playback wing
    keyboard & mouse

Hi,
    I had a similar problem with a loan iPC recently. I think the Bios battery is flat as time changes every time I power up the console and I am guessing that this caused the other problems. Time changes by 1 hour only, minutes, seconds and timezone all remain correct.
    However, I will continue with my problem for your info!
    iPC was delivered to me with v2.6 software. As my shows are V3.0.x I had to upgrade it.
    I did a full install with V8.4 iso disk. Load show from thumbdrive. Console ran ok all night.

Next day when I turn on the system the iPC starts up until the 1st iPC screen, then hangs. I restart via reset button 2 or 3 times, then it got past this, to the iPC screen after the animated hog screens. It hangs again, but with a 'microsoft error' window, telling me XP had shutdown due to serious error and asking to send info. click on 'send' or 'don't send' and the error message repeats, indefinitely. Restart with reset button.
    This repeated 2 or 3 times, until finally the 'microsoft error' window is replaced by a Hog error saying it cannot find frontpanel & it needs frontpanel to carry on.

a note: During all this the Frontpanel doesn't seem to be working, ie track ball not moving cursor but mouse does. External keyboard works. The playback wing is being initialised, ie 'choose button' leds flash.

I started console with V8.4 iso disc to try and do a full install again.
    It got to the Hog window, similar screen to when asks you to do full, partial etc, but this time the screen said cannot find console type and asks me to retry or exit.

I opened up the console, removed, cleaned and reseated video card, L adaptor and ram.
    Rebooted console with V8.4 iso disc, did full install. Load show, and doors open! Phew!!
    I still didn't think about Bios battery, but guess that if I had changed it early on my problem would have been solved faster.

The console has run ok past 2 days. I'm sorry i didn't have time when all the problems occurred to log it all properly, but I had limited time before doors opened and no spare console!

Regards,
    Craig
Children
No Data
Related