Fine Values

IPC :Version 3.01
Attached : Playback Wing/Monitor/USB keyboard

Hi,
I'm having some issue with some DL2's and an IPC.
Basically I'm getting issues with reliable playback of palettes.
If i program my fixtures with say a pan degree of 91 and replay the cue the position is out.
If i then open the que,que que and touch the encoders i can see the values at 91 degree's?
This is across all fixtures,again if i hold down pig and pan the fixture's i can move at least three movements within 91 degrees which although a tiny amount is massive when your making a collage.

Solutions please.
I've tried running the fixtures to the end-stops and making big movements to try and get the programmer to latch or record values but no luck.

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • If you open the DMX window for the universe your DLs are in, can you verify that the values you are recording and the values you are playing back are indeed different?

If they are not different, then chances are that something is wrong with the encoder. Try checking to be sure that your DL.2 have the dust caps installed on the encoders (the original ones did not have this standard as later ones did). Also try doing a "Motor Calibration" from the fixture's menu....you have to do this at the head as this is not available via CMA.....make sure the fixture is on a solid surface/stable when doing this.

Hope this helps:)
  • If you open the DMX window for the universe your DLs are in, can you verify that the values you are recording and the values you are playing back are indeed different?

If they are not different, then chances are that something is wrong with the encoder. Try checking to be sure that your DL.2 have the dust caps installed on the encoders (the original ones did not have this standard as later ones did). Also try doing a "Motor Calibration" from the fixture's menu....you have to do this at the head as this is not available via CMA.....make sure the fixture is on a solid surface/stable when doing this.

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related