April Fool Joke too Subtle

Well yesterday was April Fools and we decided to play a slight joke on our dear Wholehog users. However I think that it was too subtle and went unnoticed. Either that or none of you actually read the v3.0.3 release notes yesterday. :dunno:

I guess next year we will have to do something a bit more obvious. In the interest of fun, I will not quite yet divulge the joke. However I will warn you that "non-joke" release notes are now posted. So if anyone has the downloaded notes from yesterday, feel free to see if you can find the joke....:18:

:hogsign:
Enjoy!
Parents
  • Alright Alright.. :D

I will give... By the way, Eric Johnson here at HES was the only person to read the release notes and question me about the one bogus bug fix... We managed to keep the secret even from most here in the office...

In the list of bug fixes there was: "12704 Remove ability to save or archive show files"

I realized later that I should have written about it being a new feature instead of just hiding in among the bug fixes... Oh well next time.

FYI.. I had quite a list of other bogus bug fixes that I considered:

Add support for Legacy Wholehog 1 console
    Import Wholehog 2 midimap.txt file
    Implement toggle for inflatable flying pig release
    Add support for remote focus via Apple Newton
    Show file compatibility with Handshake
    Add Insta-Look feature from Wholehog 2 to main toolbar
    Disable Clear key functionality
    Implement iTunes audio and video player when connected to internet
    Replace all Flying Pig logos with Barco logo

:147:
  • Alright Alright.. :D

I will give... By the way, Eric Johnson here at HES was the only person to read the release notes and question me about the one bogus bug fix... We managed to keep the secret even from most here in the office...

In the list of bug fixes there was: "12704 Remove ability to save or archive show files"

I realized later that I should have written about it being a new feature instead of just hiding in among the bug fixes... Oh well next time.

FYI.. I had quite a list of other bogus bug fixes that I considered:

Add support for Legacy Wholehog 1 console
    Import Wholehog 2 midimap.txt file
    Implement toggle for inflatable flying pig release
    Add support for remote focus via Apple Newton
    Show file compatibility with Handshake
    Add Insta-Look feature from Wholehog 2 to main toolbar
    Disable Clear key functionality
    Implement iTunes audio and video player when connected to internet
    Replace all Flying Pig logos with Barco logo

:147:
Children