I-Wheel Intensity Issues

We have noticed when using the I-Wheel on our WH3, that if you grab a set of fixtures and roll the wheel down (with the intention of bringing the fixtures to zero, the I-Wheel will hold a neg value (while only displaying 0% on the output) and then if you grab the next set of fixtures while that wheel is still spinning, it will delete it off the programmer / command line as the wheel is still spinning..

I mean honestly who grabs the I wheel to bring it to exactly 0%, I know we all grab it and thrust it down.

If there could be a way to make it where the I-Wheel only works for fixtures that were selected when it started moving, and any added after (while rolling) are exempt from it.
Parents
  • If the behavior bugs you, you might want to increase the damping on the wheel so it will stop moving on its own more quickly. The HogIII's I-wheel is far looser than most other lightng consoles out there.

The I-wheel acts like the "Full" key in that it will take effect immediately without you having to press enter. So, if the wheel is still spinning while you're pressing 123, it will instantly start to change the level for 1, then 2, then 3. It's working as intended.

I'd hesitate to change the I-wheel behavior. It risks bordering on a "Do What I Mean" style of behavior where the console tries to guess what you meant to do, not what you actually did. DWIM is great when it works, but very frustrating when it guesses wrong.

If you're looking for a quick way to bump fixtures to zero, one of Brad's common suggestions is to set the level keys above/below the I-wheel to have a delta of 100%. That turns the bottom level key into an "At zero" button.
  • If the behavior bugs you, you might want to increase the damping on the wheel so it will stop moving on its own more quickly. The HogIII's I-wheel is far looser than most other lightng consoles out there.

The I-wheel acts like the "Full" key in that it will take effect immediately without you having to press enter. So, if the wheel is still spinning while you're pressing 123, it will instantly start to change the level for 1, then 2, then 3. It's working as intended.

I'd hesitate to change the I-wheel behavior. It risks bordering on a "Do What I Mean" style of behavior where the console tries to guess what you meant to do, not what you actually did. DWIM is great when it works, but very frustrating when it guesses wrong.

If you're looking for a quick way to bump fixtures to zero, one of Brad's common suggestions is to set the level keys above/below the I-wheel to have a delta of 100%. That turns the bottom level key into an "At zero" button.
Children
No Data
Related