intensity/strobe problem technobeam

First of all, strobe in the effects engine does not work for some reason. When I try to select Sine for example it doesn't do anything and just goes back to an empty gray box. I can't automate strobe at all.

I try to do strobing with intensity instead -

When I set up the effect - pan and tilt on sine waves and intensity on a step wave with 200 cycles/minute, it looks fine.... then I hit Record, 8 to save it to a cue, then I clear the programmer. I go to play back the cues and when it gets to cue 8 it's the right color and they're panning on the sine wave but not flashing at all (intensity not working). When I "view cue" i see a picture of the sine wave and 100% in the intensity column. Dunno why this isnt working.

In order to make any Intensity effects work I have to go to the keypad and hit @ 100 ENTER. then the intensity effects work. however after i clear out the programmer and go back to try to play the cue again it doesnt work until I go do the @ 100 again. This applies to the palettes too, when I click the palette with intensity automation it only starts to flash after I do @ 100. Any ideas how to get around this?
Parents
  • [quote=srautane;42400]Do you have any values for strobe? You cannot apply effect without a base value.
    Choose Technos, press intensity and adjust strobe parameter (4th wheel) to 3Hz for example. Then go to Effect and choose table.

That seems to have fixed it!

Still not sure what's going on with my intensity automation... probably something somewhere overriding it just not sure where.

Sorry for the amateur questions - this is my first attempt at any kind of light programming whatsoever :/
  • [quote=srautane;42400]Do you have any values for strobe? You cannot apply effect without a base value.
    Choose Technos, press intensity and adjust strobe parameter (4th wheel) to 3Hz for example. Then go to Effect and choose table.

That seems to have fixed it!

Still not sure what's going on with my intensity automation... probably something somewhere overriding it just not sure where.

Sorry for the amateur questions - this is my first attempt at any kind of light programming whatsoever :/
Children
No Data
Related