Record Views Directory into a View?

Hi, is this possible, it seems to disappear everytime I try to store the views directory into a view?

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • Eric,

I have looked further into this and learned why you can not currently record the views directory into a view. If you were to record a view by pressing record, then the "view" button this would cause the view directory to pop up so you could select a view cell (much like recording a palette). In this case, you did not have the view directory open to begin with so you would not want it recorded. So there is a rule to never record the view directory.

However, since most people hold Record and then select a view from the toolbar, the view directory never actually pops up. So we decided that we could make a change to allow views to only record windows that are actually opened and not "popped up". Once we make this change, then it should be possible to record the views directory into a view.

Interestingly, this has never been requested before. I have logged your suggestion as item #13239.
  • Eric,

I have looked further into this and learned why you can not currently record the views directory into a view. If you were to record a view by pressing record, then the "view" button this would cause the view directory to pop up so you could select a view cell (much like recording a palette). In this case, you did not have the view directory open to begin with so you would not want it recorded. So there is a rule to never record the view directory.

However, since most people hold Record and then select a view from the toolbar, the view directory never actually pops up. So we decided that we could make a change to allow views to only record windows that are actually opened and not "popped up". Once we make this change, then it should be possible to record the views directory into a view.

Interestingly, this has never been requested before. I have logged your suggestion as item #13239.
Children
No Data
Related