Hog 3PC Remote for Android

I was jealous that the Iphone users could use snatch and use there phone as a remote. I didn't want to buy and iphone or an ipod, so I researched for a program like snatch for Android. I found andremote. You can find it in the market, and it costs about $1.43. I have created a basic keypad remote with clear and highlight. I am still trying to figure out if andremote supports more that one screen, but I wanted to get what I had up and let people use it and comment back.

The website is: andremote.anddev.org
Parents
  • I use RemoteRDP [u]market.android.com/details?id=org.toremote.rdpdemo&hl=en[/u] and the Remote Desktop server built-in to Windows. I've found RDPv7+ to be more reliable than VNC, particularly over lengthy wireless connections, e.g. ~250 ft. I also appreciate that I do not have to install another server daemon on my laptop.

This works quite well using a consumer grade 802.11N wireless router. Even my road-weary 802.11G travel router performed well, though long distance connections occasionally dropped due to the undersized antennae.

Both my tablet and phone are suitable remotes for the HogPC client on my laptop: my relatively primitive iPhone 3G struggled with the graphics but worked nonetheless. I find the tablet's larger screen is better for extended sessions while the phone is great for a quick fix on-stage.

Until there is proper Android support ...

--L.
  • I use RemoteRDP [u]market.android.com/details?id=org.toremote.rdpdemo&hl=en[/u] and the Remote Desktop server built-in to Windows. I've found RDPv7+ to be more reliable than VNC, particularly over lengthy wireless connections, e.g. ~250 ft. I also appreciate that I do not have to install another server daemon on my laptop.

This works quite well using a consumer grade 802.11N wireless router. Even my road-weary 802.11G travel router performed well, though long distance connections occasionally dropped due to the undersized antennae.

Both my tablet and phone are suitable remotes for the HogPC client on my laptop: my relatively primitive iPhone 3G struggled with the graphics but worked nonetheless. I find the tablet's larger screen is better for extended sessions while the phone is great for a quick fix on-stage.

Until there is proper Android support ...

--L.
Children
No Data
Related