Colorpicker

I'm just wondering is there something wrong?

i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/Surmuri/Hog/Colorwheel.jpg
Parents
  • > or is there a particular reason why the color
    > picker shows the values in wrong places?

Now I understand what you're asking. I wasn't clear what your question was before.

There are dozens of ways to represent color. HS is a good system, but it has some limitations. Specifically, many of the hues that are frequently used in lighting have hue values that are very close together.

In the color picker, we stretch out those hues to make them more accessible. If we slavishly followed the 90 deg and 90 deg rule, it would be very hard to get some of the more subtle hues, and a tiny move of your finger would result in a large color shift.
  • > or is there a particular reason why the color
    > picker shows the values in wrong places?

Now I understand what you're asking. I wasn't clear what your question was before.

There are dozens of ways to represent color. HS is a good system, but it has some limitations. Specifically, many of the hues that are frequently used in lighting have hue values that are very close together.

In the color picker, we stretch out those hues to make them more accessible. If we slavishly followed the 90 deg and 90 deg rule, it would be very hard to get some of the more subtle hues, and a tiny move of your finger would result in a large color shift.
Children
No Data
Related