HOG 3PC on Admin Laptop

I need to run HOG 3PC on a laptop that is setup for Administrator control.
If I try to run it as a user I get an "Unknown exception" error.

If I do a "run as" administrator then it works fine.

Is there a access I need to give the user login to allow it to work?
Parents
  • grant non-administrators permission to modify the 3PC registry entries:
    [INDENT]Assign permissions to a registry key

on a 32-bit machine, apply these instructions to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Flying Pig Systems
    on a 64-bit machine, apply these instructions to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Flying Pig Systems

Add the group named INTERACTIVE and assign to this group Full Control

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators permission to control 3PC network services
    [INDENT]please find attached a batch file that will perform this task for you; Run as administrator.

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators the privilege to control the machine's IP addresses
    [INDENT]if user-controlled addressing is necessary, make the user a member of the Network Configuration Operators group.

Use the Network Configuration Operators Group

the 3PC built-in control panel for IP address configuration malfunctions when in a non-administrator context; train your user to instead use the native Windows facilities to make any required changes.

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators permission to write ~hog3_ident
    [INDENT]only if you have disabled UAC -or- are on an earlier version of Windows where UAC Virtualization is not available, you will need to assign the INTERACTIVE group Full Control of the Program Files\Flying Pig Systems\Hog3PC folder.

[/INDENT][INDENT]Set, View, Change, or Remove Permissions on Files and Folders
    [/INDENT]
  • grant non-administrators permission to modify the 3PC registry entries:
    [INDENT]Assign permissions to a registry key

on a 32-bit machine, apply these instructions to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Flying Pig Systems
    on a 64-bit machine, apply these instructions to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Flying Pig Systems

Add the group named INTERACTIVE and assign to this group Full Control

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators permission to control 3PC network services
    [INDENT]please find attached a batch file that will perform this task for you; Run as administrator.

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators the privilege to control the machine's IP addresses
    [INDENT]if user-controlled addressing is necessary, make the user a member of the Network Configuration Operators group.

Use the Network Configuration Operators Group

the 3PC built-in control panel for IP address configuration malfunctions when in a non-administrator context; train your user to instead use the native Windows facilities to make any required changes.

[/INDENT]grant non-administrators permission to write ~hog3_ident
    [INDENT]only if you have disabled UAC -or- are on an earlier version of Windows where UAC Virtualization is not available, you will need to assign the INTERACTIVE group Full Control of the Program Files\Flying Pig Systems\Hog3PC folder.

[/INDENT][INDENT]Set, View, Change, or Remove Permissions on Files and Folders
    [/INDENT]
Children
No Data
Related