Hog and Strand lighting node - HELP

Hey guys,
I am doing a show at a university in town for a local dance recital. I am using a Road Hog and I am wanting to tie into the existing conventional lighting that is currently installed in the university auditorium. The entire lighting system is Ethernet and there are Ethernet to dmx nodes placed on stage to hook up another lighting console. It is a Strand system and the Strand node is a SN110. There is a digital read out on the note that has "dmx in" written on it with a solid line through it. When I hook up my dmx cable running from the Hog to the node the line goes away, meaning there it is recognizing dmx from the Hog board. However, I have no control. So I called Strand and talked with a support guy and says that because the SN110 node is a little old, the hog refresh rate might be to high. Is there a way to fix this or is there another solution i might not know about? Thank. And the show is friday.

Kyle
Parents
  • The university's board is a straight Ethernet board, so it speaks to Show-Net directly. An Ethernet cable goes from the board straight to a panel with an Ethernet hook up. I will check what universe the node is sending to. I am assuming its universe 1. One last question: if my desk channels are patched to universe 4 on the hog, do they need to be patched to universe 1 on the HOG to coincide with universe 1 on the node. I would assume that it wouldn't, however, i just want to make sure

kyle
  • The university's board is a straight Ethernet board, so it speaks to Show-Net directly. An Ethernet cable goes from the board straight to a panel with an Ethernet hook up. I will check what universe the node is sending to. I am assuming its universe 1. One last question: if my desk channels are patched to universe 4 on the hog, do they need to be patched to universe 1 on the HOG to coincide with universe 1 on the node. I would assume that it wouldn't, however, i just want to make sure

kyle
Children
No Data
Related