Hog and Strand lighting node - HELP

Hey guys,
I am doing a show at a university in town for a local dance recital. I am using a Road Hog and I am wanting to tie into the existing conventional lighting that is currently installed in the university auditorium. The entire lighting system is Ethernet and there are Ethernet to dmx nodes placed on stage to hook up another lighting console. It is a Strand system and the Strand node is a SN110. There is a digital read out on the note that has "dmx in" written on it with a solid line through it. When I hook up my dmx cable running from the Hog to the node the line goes away, meaning there it is recognizing dmx from the Hog board. However, I have no control. So I called Strand and talked with a support guy and says that because the SN110 node is a little old, the hog refresh rate might be to high. Is there a way to fix this or is there another solution i might not know about? Thank. And the show is friday.

Kyle
Parents
  • Kyle,
    Do they plug in Desks there a lot?
    Find the person that tried/did it last, if they're still around, they might still know how.
    Try setting all YOUR patch to Universe 2, see if that works, most of the Strand systems I know of have the House System all on 1, and the Road Gear set up from 2 on. If it's marked as a console IN it MIGHT be talking to all 4, but you wouldn't know that unless you looked at it's settings in IE.
    You might also want to turn off, or disconnect the House Desk as some Systems use DMX MERGE devices and might step on some things, or they don't, and the network won't recognize the 2 seperate sources and you'll get other conflicts.
    Eric is right, you shouldn't mess with SHOW NET unless you have knowledge, permision alone can still cause accidents. And if it's a school, someone else may have already done it and not told anyone.
    Try this guy
    www.bobbyharrelllighting.com Guru of all things Strand.
    I myself ran a Strand Networked House for 3 years with 2 Networked Controlers, and plugged in a few Road Desks. I dont type so well, but you're welcome to call if you think it'll help.
    203-921-6570

good luck
    Jimbo
  • Kyle,
    Do they plug in Desks there a lot?
    Find the person that tried/did it last, if they're still around, they might still know how.
    Try setting all YOUR patch to Universe 2, see if that works, most of the Strand systems I know of have the House System all on 1, and the Road Gear set up from 2 on. If it's marked as a console IN it MIGHT be talking to all 4, but you wouldn't know that unless you looked at it's settings in IE.
    You might also want to turn off, or disconnect the House Desk as some Systems use DMX MERGE devices and might step on some things, or they don't, and the network won't recognize the 2 seperate sources and you'll get other conflicts.
    Eric is right, you shouldn't mess with SHOW NET unless you have knowledge, permision alone can still cause accidents. And if it's a school, someone else may have already done it and not told anyone.
    Try this guy
    www.bobbyharrelllighting.com Guru of all things Strand.
    I myself ran a Strand Networked House for 3 years with 2 Networked Controlers, and plugged in a few Road Desks. I dont type so well, but you're welcome to call if you think it'll help.
    203-921-6570

good luck
    Jimbo
Children
No Data
Related