Wholehog III & WYG Connectivity

Trying to interface the Wholehog III to a Wyg computer. With the Hog III not connected the Hog Connectivity wizard just says searching for Hog network and WYG works a fine as it should.

When I connect the computer to the Hog and then launch WYG, it get a error code 998 when I open a WYG file and WYG chasers. I have the Hog and the WYG computer connected to a DHCP network and using static IP addresses. The Hog console is set to boot server only.

Same subnet, same gateway and DNS for both. No firewall or AV. I have tried both the same user number as the console or different one and neither seems to make a difference.

I have deleted the Hog Connectivity and reinstalled it. It doesn't help.

Any thoughts? What is error 998 and why does connecting the Hog Cable crash WYG?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • WYG Computer connects to other computers fine. Hog sees visuliazer in the network window, but just says idle. WYG sees Hog, says show session on the IP and port 6600 but just says idle "waiting to connect" or error 998 and crashes.

Network lights on the Hog appear to be flashing normally.

Normally it would says "can't connect to Hog" or "Unable to get show file handle" if there was an issue. But here it acts like it's connected but it will not let you connect in WYG and you don't get the normal status of "Outputs Active"

I have auto connect set to off. When I try to go into device manager and connect it just says it can't connect.

I have reinstalled WYG.

Console is connected directly to WYG computer. Made Hog DHCP and used default settings. Tried both crossover and standard Cat-5 cable. We even swapped consoles and nothing helped.

I have a DP-8000 on user/net # 1. I have a DP-2000 on user/net # 2. I have tried to connect to both of them in WYG. I have tried to user #1-3 for the WYG. Nothing seems to help.

Travis Slyter
  • WYG Computer connects to other computers fine. Hog sees visuliazer in the network window, but just says idle. WYG sees Hog, says show session on the IP and port 6600 but just says idle "waiting to connect" or error 998 and crashes.

Network lights on the Hog appear to be flashing normally.

Normally it would says "can't connect to Hog" or "Unable to get show file handle" if there was an issue. But here it acts like it's connected but it will not let you connect in WYG and you don't get the normal status of "Outputs Active"

I have auto connect set to off. When I try to go into device manager and connect it just says it can't connect.

I have reinstalled WYG.

Console is connected directly to WYG computer. Made Hog DHCP and used default settings. Tried both crossover and standard Cat-5 cable. We even swapped consoles and nothing helped.

I have a DP-8000 on user/net # 1. I have a DP-2000 on user/net # 2. I have tried to connect to both of them in WYG. I have tried to user #1-3 for the WYG. Nothing seems to help.

Travis Slyter
Children
No Data
Related