Wholehog III & WYG Connectivity

Trying to interface the Wholehog III to a Wyg computer. With the Hog III not connected the Hog Connectivity wizard just says searching for Hog network and WYG works a fine as it should.

When I connect the computer to the Hog and then launch WYG, it get a error code 998 when I open a WYG file and WYG chasers. I have the Hog and the WYG computer connected to a DHCP network and using static IP addresses. The Hog console is set to boot server only.

Same subnet, same gateway and DNS for both. No firewall or AV. I have tried both the same user number as the console or different one and neither seems to make a difference.

I have deleted the Hog Connectivity and reinstalled it. It doesn't help.

Any thoughts? What is error 998 and why does connecting the Hog Cable crash WYG?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=erikmaes;49518]Hello Chris,

I have the hog set up to obtain an ip address bij DHCP and also the PC set up to obtain an ip by DHCP. Run DHCP server is turned on.
    gr erik

Since the Hog3 doesn't obtain an IP Address from itself it needs to be set to either default IP or custom IP address. Please setup your network as follows so we can flush out the problem:

Console: Default IP address; 172.31.0.1; RUN DHCP SERVER; deselect the custom server range button

PC: Obtain IP using DHCP; do not use custom dns settings

Your PC should get an IP address that starts with 172.31.
    If your IP address starts with anything else then there is a problem with the network adapter that we need to look at.

Another step in troubleshooting the network settings it to load Hog3PC on your visualizer machine and connect it as a client console to the Hog3. In almost all cases, if that is working then the connectivity driver will be working as well.
  • [QUOTE=erikmaes;49518]Hello Chris,

I have the hog set up to obtain an ip address bij DHCP and also the PC set up to obtain an ip by DHCP. Run DHCP server is turned on.
    gr erik

Since the Hog3 doesn't obtain an IP Address from itself it needs to be set to either default IP or custom IP address. Please setup your network as follows so we can flush out the problem:

Console: Default IP address; 172.31.0.1; RUN DHCP SERVER; deselect the custom server range button

PC: Obtain IP using DHCP; do not use custom dns settings

Your PC should get an IP address that starts with 172.31.
    If your IP address starts with anything else then there is a problem with the network adapter that we need to look at.

Another step in troubleshooting the network settings it to load Hog3PC on your visualizer machine and connect it as a client console to the Hog3. In almost all cases, if that is working then the connectivity driver will be working as well.
Children
No Data
Related