Macros and grouping

Hi All,

3 things that have been bugging me for some time, just never got round to asking:

1, why in my cuelists do other masters release when I go to the next Q.

eg...

Cue 1 All washlights red
Cue 2 All washlights green (GM2) (starts LED Chase)
Cue 3 All washlights yellow

as soon as I hit go and move to cue 3 master 2 will release, i have to keep adding a GM2 to every Q to keep the the effect running

whats am i doing wrong.

2, is there are way of selecting groups of lights and breaking them into sub groups of 3 or 4 say like a mask

3, In the effects engine how do I get the effect to start from the center of a group of lights. ie i have 30 colourblocks and want the effect to start from the 15th & 16th block and run out to the 1st and 30th block, I have seen the different options on the bottom of the RH Touch screen but they dont seem to do anything.... what am I doing wrong.

Thats all for now,

Dave.
Parents
  • Hi Dave,

Even if there is no new information in the 2nd cue - so the information is tracking - when you go the next cue the console is still calculating the track (so the current State of that master). If you don't want anything being stomped I tend to up the priority and choose Persist on Override. That tends to do it.

As to the effects engine - if you have 30 lights, and Fan with the Center Option, this should do the trick.

I know it's not an effect engine, but for anything where I need precise Fans from certain positions, then I build a Delay chase (Fanned delay on the Timing). That way I can have the ripple from any point I want.

P
  • Hi Dave,

Even if there is no new information in the 2nd cue - so the information is tracking - when you go the next cue the console is still calculating the track (so the current State of that master). If you don't want anything being stomped I tend to up the priority and choose Persist on Override. That tends to do it.

As to the effects engine - if you have 30 lights, and Fan with the Center Option, this should do the trick.

I know it's not an effect engine, but for anything where I need precise Fans from certain positions, then I build a Delay chase (Fanned delay on the Timing). That way I can have the ripple from any point I want.

P
Children
No Data
Related