DP8000 Hog-Net adapter temp

The temperature is over 95 degrees Celsius... is it OK?
Sounds kind of high for me (the room ambient is about 22 degrees Celsius)
Parents
  • I have had similar temperatures with 2 units.. One ended up frying internally which became completely bricked. Nothing on the display at all. Backlight would come on and I would see a link connection with the network ports but wouldn't boot at all. Another unit would randomly reset internally causing it to kernel panic and redownload the image from the console.

Both of these had to be replaced. This was also within a weeks time. They were installed in a rack at the top with space above and below. Noithing underneath with heat. One replaced the other after the first had failed. Had 4 dmx out and 3 art net out and those were all fairly full. Was using 3.1.5

These get far too hot for my liking compared to any other piece of rack gear. You have to use vent panels and can't stack these.
  • I have had similar temperatures with 2 units.. One ended up frying internally which became completely bricked. Nothing on the display at all. Backlight would come on and I would see a link connection with the network ports but wouldn't boot at all. Another unit would randomly reset internally causing it to kernel panic and redownload the image from the console.

Both of these had to be replaced. This was also within a weeks time. They were installed in a rack at the top with space above and below. Noithing underneath with heat. One replaced the other after the first had failed. Had 4 dmx out and 3 art net out and those were all fairly full. Was using 3.1.5

These get far too hot for my liking compared to any other piece of rack gear. You have to use vent panels and can't stack these.
Children
No Data
Related