DP8000 Hog-Net adapter temp

The temperature is over 95 degrees Celsius... is it OK?
Sounds kind of high for me (the room ambient is about 22 degrees Celsius)
Parents
  • Ryan, have these two units been sent in for repair? I've told service that I want to personally handle all DP8000 repairs, and I've seen nothing like this cross my desk. Did your dealer handle the repair?

The cooling system in a DP8000 is similar to a modern laptop computer. If you browse the web, you'll find lots of comments about how warm laptops run. The system is designed to conduct hear away from the CPU and core chipset components.

When you looked at the diagnostic window, what temperatures did you see? The first two fans turn on at about 71 degC core temp and the 3rd at 85degC. Were the fans running?

When you said "Nothing on the display at all.", was the display completely white, or completely black?
  • Ryan, have these two units been sent in for repair? I've told service that I want to personally handle all DP8000 repairs, and I've seen nothing like this cross my desk. Did your dealer handle the repair?

The cooling system in a DP8000 is similar to a modern laptop computer. If you browse the web, you'll find lots of comments about how warm laptops run. The system is designed to conduct hear away from the CPU and core chipset components.

When you looked at the diagnostic window, what temperatures did you see? The first two fans turn on at about 71 degC core temp and the 3rd at 85degC. Were the fans running?

When you said "Nothing on the display at all.", was the display completely white, or completely black?
Children
No Data
Related