DP8000 Hog-Net adapter temp

The temperature is over 95 degrees Celsius... is it OK?
Sounds kind of high for me (the room ambient is about 22 degrees Celsius)
Parents
  • I ended up going out to vegas last week, and I captured a picture of this processor while it was just idle. Not too long after powering it up. Maybe 45 minutes.

I started programming some stuff and the cpu temp went up causing the fans to kick in. There is definitely a gap in checking the HogNet adapter temp for controlling the fans.

And even after running this thing fairly hard, I still haven't seen the middle fan kick on.

This install has about 10 universes on it, mostly LED's, some media servers and a few dozen movers.
  • I ended up going out to vegas last week, and I captured a picture of this processor while it was just idle. Not too long after powering it up. Maybe 45 minutes.

I started programming some stuff and the cpu temp went up causing the fans to kick in. There is definitely a gap in checking the HogNet adapter temp for controlling the fans.

And even after running this thing fairly hard, I still haven't seen the middle fan kick on.

This install has about 10 universes on it, mostly LED's, some media servers and a few dozen movers.
Children
No Data
Related