Hog 3 + Dp2000 + all night rave

Hey guys,

looking for some advice, i have recently bought a Hog 3 and love it however at this stage i am stuck with a Dp2000 :( although that suits most of my needs...maybe.
week after next i am doing a big rave and have a bunch of led moving heads and static stuff...will the dp2000 be able to handle the show i want to do.

gear is

24x Xled 590's
24x Par 64 (led)
32x tri colour 72watt Led cans
16x robe 575xt scans
8x 700 spots
8x atomics

and maybe a few more led fixtures yet.

i have heard reading the forum that the dp2000 has trouble keeping up with shows sometimes..am i likely to run into this problem for my gig?

Also is there a way to get artnet to run on Hog 3 with Dp 2000? (arkaos)

cheers.
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply....there is no doubt in my mind the dp8k is a great upgrade...however having just spent all my money on the desk it will have to wait..i am hoping that for most of my shows as described above this will do me fine?

Also is this true??

The HOG3 outputs either ARTNET or HOGNET

When in HOGNET mode ... the DP2000 (or 8000) does all the DMX data processing external to the console

When in ARTNET mode, the console does all the dmx data processing inside the console.

cheers :hogsign:
  • Thanks for the reply....there is no doubt in my mind the dp8k is a great upgrade...however having just spent all my money on the desk it will have to wait..i am hoping that for most of my shows as described above this will do me fine?

Also is this true??

The HOG3 outputs either ARTNET or HOGNET

When in HOGNET mode ... the DP2000 (or 8000) does all the DMX data processing external to the console

When in ARTNET mode, the console does all the dmx data processing inside the console.

cheers :hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related