An odd situation in which I find myself currently - wysiwyg R25 and Whole Hog 3

Hiya folks, Jim Hutchison here.

I am currently working on this crazy little light art exhibit that is going to take place at a yet-undisclosed conference here in Oklahoma City, OK. I have a Hog 3 and 24 Color Blast 12's, and I'm pre-viz-ing in WYG R25.

I am using the profile "Color Blast" from the Hog library, under the "Custom" category, and in WYG, I'm using the "Color Blast" fixture.

Now there is a distinct chance I'm about to ask a really stupid question, but I know that I am going to learn something awesome from this experience! I have the units patched with 3-channel offsets (1, 4, 7, etc), and on the four encoders, from left to right, I get a weird white mix, red, green, and blue on the far right.

For the LIFE of me, I don't ever remember having this configuration. Does this sound ca-raaaazy to anyone else? Before I go spending 2 days programming this sucker and wasting two days, can anyone shed a little light on this for me?

You're all terrific!

Jim
JimOnLight.com
Parents
  • Gonna go with Jon, Jim.

That was probably a profile built for an RGB(A) LED fixture. THE Generic RGB fixture is what most people use for ColorBlast fixtures. That profile should give you your three colors as well as an overall intensity control.

In case you're unaware (though I doubt this is the case), you'll be able to control your CBs using any of the three color methods available on the console:

-CMY w/ Intensity
    -HSI
    -RGB Intensity

While the console can get between these different models, I would suggest that you pick one method and stick to it in your programming.

If you write a cue with CMY settings and then a cue with HSI settings, the crossfades can sometimes get weird. This is especially true if going from RGB to the other two color models, as the desk things of RGB as three intensity channels. (This also means that RGB Intensity settings will not save as color palettes by default...you'll need to save them as intensity palettes or press 'Use I' (for Intensity) when saving your color palettes.

Hope your gig goes well and please give me a ring if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Phil
  • Gonna go with Jon, Jim.

That was probably a profile built for an RGB(A) LED fixture. THE Generic RGB fixture is what most people use for ColorBlast fixtures. That profile should give you your three colors as well as an overall intensity control.

In case you're unaware (though I doubt this is the case), you'll be able to control your CBs using any of the three color methods available on the console:

-CMY w/ Intensity
    -HSI
    -RGB Intensity

While the console can get between these different models, I would suggest that you pick one method and stick to it in your programming.

If you write a cue with CMY settings and then a cue with HSI settings, the crossfades can sometimes get weird. This is especially true if going from RGB to the other two color models, as the desk things of RGB as three intensity channels. (This also means that RGB Intensity settings will not save as color palettes by default...you'll need to save them as intensity palettes or press 'Use I' (for Intensity) when saving your color palettes.

Hope your gig goes well and please give me a ring if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Phil
Children
No Data
Related