Midi Message and Note Issues

Hey All,

I am having issues working with midi on our Full Boar. I have tried sending both notes and messages to the console and the console will not respond to either. I know that I am sending the right notes and messages, I tested them on a different Full Boar (running the same show) and everything worked fine. The only thing that I noticed different about the working full boar was the Front Panel PLD Version was 2, the broken console is PLD version 1.

I opened up the console and reseated all the connections coming from the midi/SMTP card. The weird thing is the broken console will send midi messages out just fine.

I just tried a clean install and update to 3.1.7 and I am still having the same issue.

I have attached pictures of the system info for both the working and broken full boars.

Let me know what I can do and if i am on to something with the PLD version.

Thanks
Parents
  • The PLD refers to the Front Panel PCB and should not have any affect on MIDI functions.

Have you confirmed the MIDI settings are correct?

Press SETUP->NETWORK
    Highlight the NET NUMBER, usually 1, under the black line with the text WHOLEHOG CONSOLE
    Press SETTINTGS
    In the MIDI tab, is MSC IN or NOTES IN selected depending on what type is being sent?
    MSC OUT is set selected by default so that may explain why it is sending but not receiving MIDI mesages.
    This is just one possibility.
  • The PLD refers to the Front Panel PCB and should not have any affect on MIDI functions.

Have you confirmed the MIDI settings are correct?

Press SETUP->NETWORK
    Highlight the NET NUMBER, usually 1, under the black line with the text WHOLEHOG CONSOLE
    Press SETTINTGS
    In the MIDI tab, is MSC IN or NOTES IN selected depending on what type is being sent?
    MSC OUT is set selected by default so that may explain why it is sending but not receiving MIDI mesages.
    This is just one possibility.
Children
No Data
Related