Anyone interested in OSC control??

So, as you know, I like to play with different controls for the Hog (iPhone, iPad, etc) and recently discovered the uses of OSC control.

I've been using OSCTouch for the iPhone and iPad. On top of that, I've been using OSCulator to transcode the OSC commands into MIDI notes. Would anyone be interested in playing with this setup????

The nice thing is that is DOES NOT require running Hog3PC as a client. There are options for both PC and MAC. I have an EMU USB->Midi box on my MAC and it connects MIDI directly to the console. You do have to be on the same network between the MAC and iPad/iPhone.

[ATTACH]2097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2101[/ATTACH]
  • [QUOTE=jxgriffi;53512]So, as you know, I like to play with different controls for the Hog (iPhone, iPad, etc) and recently discovered the uses of OSC control.

The nice thing is that is DOES NOT require running Hog3PC as a client. There are options for both PC and MAC. I have an EMU USB->Midi box on my MAC and it connects MIDI directly to the console. You do have to be on the same network between the MAC and iPad/iPhone.

[ATTACH]2097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2101[/ATTACH]

Hi...I am currently using with OSCulator TouchOSC, but in video software, and I want to use this time to Hog 3 pc, can you show me a "screenshot" of your settings OSCulator, because even I do not understand what I have to send to the Hog 3 ... if you could help me with this I would greatly appreciate..

Thank you!
  • [QUOTE=visualworks;56121]Hi...I am currently using with OSCulator TouchOSC, but in video software, and I want to use this time to Hog 3 pc, can you show me a "screenshot" of your settings OSCulator, because even I do not understand what I have to send to the Hog 3 ... if you could help me with this I would greatly appreciate..

Thank you!

Sorry...just noticed this one. Apparently, I never replied.

I no longer use OSCulator with TouchOSC. With the new version of TouchOSC, you can send Midi notes directly out.

I put up more information on my site...

www.housetohalf.net/Housetohalf/iPhone.html
  • [QUOTE=jxgriffi;54335]This is getting even more fun...

Found a new product that seems to fill a void for some people. This will get rid of the PC between the console and iPad/iPhone/Android whatever.

www.wifimidi.com

The Missing Link creates an ad-hoc wireless network between the device and the Midi output. So, no computer needed to control things. The other thing that the Missing Link allows is MIDI SYSEX messages instead of just notes and/or control changes. This opens up a WHOLE different set of abilities with the consoles.

Just wanted everyone to know what was out there...I'm thinking about ordering one and see where I can take this TouchOSC template to next with SYSEX messages. :)

Hi Jon,

Is this working for you? I'm really interested if this works as great as I think it might work. And also: does it work with other midi trigger apps for the iPad, because I use s1miditrigger at the moment with the Line 6 midi mobilizer. It would be great to loose te cable..

Greetings,

Danny
  • I haven't bought one. I'm still using a M-Audio Uno to spit out from my laptop.
  • Hi Jon,

I've got everything up and running at the moment,

TouchOSC on the Ipad with your layout

RtpMidi on my laptop with a session named HOG3 and the ipad is connected.

I've checked with Midi-Ox that the laptop sees incoming midi and in fact it does see midi data coming in. (see printscreen)

A HOG-PC show opened and in network selected the midi input and output as HOG3 ( i guess thats the rtpmidi session?)

Midi notes in is on and the chanels are mapped the way you describe:
    Ch. 1 - Nothing
    Ch. 2 - Programming Keys
    Ch. 3 - Playback Bar functions
    Ch. 4 - Comment Macros

but as for now I see nothing happening in Hog-pc.. is there maybe anything im doing wrong? i provided some printscreens (in flicker, see below), maybe you could find something i'm doing wrong.

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392067779/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068013/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068227/

thanks in advance!

greetings,

Danny
  • Hi all,

I just read this whole thread and i'm amazed to see that nobody has posted since November 2011. Has someone found a new and better way to do this and started a new thread I have not yet found?

I have an Android phone and a network consisting of Hog 3 and Hog 3 PC so any suggestions of the best way to setup a remote of some kind would be most welcome. I'm hoping in the last 10 months this will have been developed further!

Cheers

Colin
  • As the person who did all of this, yes, Touch OSC is available for Android. Some of the fader shortcuts I did are now able to use Time instead of snapping, but other than that, there is not much more that can be done.
  • Today at LDI we unveiled the Hog4 family of lighting consoles. They all support OSC directly, and they continue to support MIDI. We have OSC mappings for the physical surfaces as well as logical playback entities.

The Hog4 OSC interface is bi-directional, meaning that the console will also pump out status that some 3rd party apps understand. This includes fader movements and LED indications, so if you have fader and LED widgets on TouchOSC they will sync up/blink just like the Hog4.
  • OSC support is clever design. Now we have possibilty to have a wide variety of remotes.
  • Hi Jxgriffi, Thnaks for all the support so far! ive gottten it as far as 'Danny' a few comments up. Im trying to get this to work on a hog3pc system. Having the same issues. I can see the midi coming in and have cinnection but no response from Hog3Pc. Im using a dp2000 as the processor. Im tryong to get this running for a client for their convention booth to run premade cues and stupid simple application. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    ps. i know this thread is pretty dead since the release of hog4.
Related