Roadhog full boar + Martin Maxedia via ARTNET

Hi!
To start with, I have tried searching for answers.

I'll have a setup where I use RoadHOG Full Boar and Martin Maxedia Pro.
I have a video back wall (ShowLED Animation) that I should control from Maxedia. Just using the video output.

I also have 40-50 Alkalite Trackpod TP81, which I want too controll from both the Hog consoll and Martin Maxedia Pro with Art-Net.
All the Trackpods are all placed so I can use som patterns/animations with them all.

I just have 1 dmx univers output on the Maxedia, and want it too use the univers from Roadhog.

Is it possible? how do I connect it? and what do I need?

I have 10 days to figure out something.

I hope you all understand and have som answers ;)

Michael
Parents
  • Hi Michael,

While not familiar with Maxxedias Artnet capabilities i think the Fullboar has one of the easiest ways of connecting things over Artnet.

Things to keep in mind:
    - Make sure the Fullboar is connected thru the Fixture Link connector
    - Check that Fullboar and Maxxedia is on the same IP range, i.e. 192.168.100.XXX where the last number must be different between units connected to the Network. on these network adapters. There is two in the fullboar and other mediaservers has two network connections too
    - Compared to a XLR 5pin DMX, Artnet has:
    *Start Adress (Same as DMX 1 - 512)
    *Subnet 0 - 15
    *Universe 0 - 15 (Only 12 is available from the Fullboar, to expand you will need a DP8000)
    Between some brands and units there is a confusion (or difference of opinion) whether to use 0 or 1 for the First Subnet and Universe

Good luck /Abbe
  • Hi Michael,

While not familiar with Maxxedias Artnet capabilities i think the Fullboar has one of the easiest ways of connecting things over Artnet.

Things to keep in mind:
    - Make sure the Fullboar is connected thru the Fixture Link connector
    - Check that Fullboar and Maxxedia is on the same IP range, i.e. 192.168.100.XXX where the last number must be different between units connected to the Network. on these network adapters. There is two in the fullboar and other mediaservers has two network connections too
    - Compared to a XLR 5pin DMX, Artnet has:
    *Start Adress (Same as DMX 1 - 512)
    *Subnet 0 - 15
    *Universe 0 - 15 (Only 12 is available from the Fullboar, to expand you will need a DP8000)
    Between some brands and units there is a confusion (or difference of opinion) whether to use 0 or 1 for the First Subnet and Universe

Good luck /Abbe
Children
No Data
Related