HOG 3, FULL BOAR, or Road Hog????

So i am considering selling my Hog 2 system and upgrading to a new Hog Desk. I am torn between what console to go with. Deciding what i want to buy is kinda tricky for me. Cost being one factor, not a major one, its obvious that i want to lean toward the Road Hog. now being the hog 3 desk is the most expensive and most feature oriented i naturally want to get that desk. where im confused is this. I have a friend that i have worked with, that is a very established LD and can have basically whatever he wants and he chooses a full boar/wing setup. Now I am a rental house and small tours LD. my shows almost never go over 4 universes, and im usually about 40-60 fixtures and some media. now i have used the road hog and full boar on festivals and random one offs and i like them both. so is it worth me spending double the cost to get the HOG 3 desk or would it make more sense to get a road hog, a wing, a seperate monitor and all the accesories and still come out cheaper than the hog 3 desk. any advice would be greatly appriciated.
Parents
  • We have both H3 and RHFB and both have advantages.

I really like the H3 screen hard buttons more than touchscreen buttons in RHFB. And in H3 you get the intensity wheel (with I +/- buttons) and rate wheel. I use them and miss them in RHFB. The screen adjustment is nice. All metal feeling is nice. All and all H3 is somehow nice...

But RHFB is more like a ready-to-go package with dmx straight out of console and usb backup (ver 3.2 should fix this for H3 also?). And it still has all networking possibilities and its expandable like H3.

We got our H3 when FullBoar was not yet available but if it would have existed back then I think we would have leaned towards RHFB...

So I would go for the FullBoar.
  • We have both H3 and RHFB and both have advantages.

I really like the H3 screen hard buttons more than touchscreen buttons in RHFB. And in H3 you get the intensity wheel (with I +/- buttons) and rate wheel. I use them and miss them in RHFB. The screen adjustment is nice. All metal feeling is nice. All and all H3 is somehow nice...

But RHFB is more like a ready-to-go package with dmx straight out of console and usb backup (ver 3.2 should fix this for H3 also?). And it still has all networking possibilities and its expandable like H3.

We got our H3 when FullBoar was not yet available but if it would have existed back then I think we would have leaned towards RHFB...

So I would go for the FullBoar.
Children
No Data
Related