Hog 3 shutting down

About a week ago my console shut down in the middle of programming. It then attempted to restart but just keep going to the start up(very first) screen and then would go black for a second and then the back to the first screen. It did that a few times till i powered down. i tried to restart and it was doing the same thing. I had remove the power cable and wait a minute and then it started correctly. it worked fine the rest of the day till i went to shut it down at the end of the night and it started to shut down but then went to the start up screen and started to loop again. I was running 3.1.7 and decided to do a clean install to 3.1.9. Well today it shut down on me again while programming and started to loop on the start up screen but after the second loop it actually started so I logged back into the show and continued programming. What do you guys thing it could be? I'm on a battery backup so I don't think it was an external power issue. I was logged on as a client. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Wholehog 3 w dp2000
Parents
  • Hello, it is difficult to tell the exact cause of the problem. If the console is actually losing power or restarting there are a few possibilities. There may be a problem with the Power Supply, Power Distribution PCB, or other component or cable in this area. It could also be a problem with, or a loose IEC connector / cable on the rear of the console. There may also be something rolling around in the console making contact somewhere it shouldn't causing a short, or possibly some outside influence such as a 2 way radio or power issues, or other device connected to the console.

If the program is just shutting down,l it may be a bad hard drive, but this should just shut down the program leaving you at the blue logo screens.
  • Hello, it is difficult to tell the exact cause of the problem. If the console is actually losing power or restarting there are a few possibilities. There may be a problem with the Power Supply, Power Distribution PCB, or other component or cable in this area. It could also be a problem with, or a loose IEC connector / cable on the rear of the console. There may also be something rolling around in the console making contact somewhere it shouldn't causing a short, or possibly some outside influence such as a 2 way radio or power issues, or other device connected to the console.

If the program is just shutting down,l it may be a bad hard drive, but this should just shut down the program leaving you at the blue logo screens.
Children
No Data
Related