Wifi Hog3PC and iPC on 3.2 issue

I open a new Thread, becouse i dont get Wifi (RFU) running...here is the old Thread:
(i connected iPC 3.2. and Hog3PC 3.2. as i usually did all the time before
3.2 HogPC as RFU ...it takes much longer to connect to iPC Show, but i can launch...after a while (different, some minutes ) and some button action Hog3PC crashes, in Networkwindow on iPC i can see that the PC node is alternating to offline/online before it crashes...
There is no difference if i use same or other Netnumber, IPC is Server.
i did not change any configurations in my Network prefs (Firewall off)

Hog3PC runs on XP SP2, Apple Airport Express

Never had any issues before...
Any Hints?
Thanks
Marc

It works hardwired , no crash since 30min ,..is it possible that it is a Wifi issue with 3.2? The config of Airport has not changed since 3.1.9)

The connection is very unstable via Wifi and Hog3 PC crash after a few minutes. Its stable and work with Cable!

Marc
Parents
  • Just as a testing measure do you have another wifi router at your disposal to try? I dug up a pretty old Dell Windows XP SP2 laptop (2ghz, 1gig ram) and connected it to one of the iPCs here in the test lab and connected and ran all kinds of chases and programming for about an hour without any hiccups on v3.2.0.

Make sure if you setup your Airport Express to serve DHCP that you disable DHCP server on both the iPC and the RFU. That is very important!

Also make sure run server is not checked in Hog3PC settings on your RFU or any unit you are connecting via Wifi.

Also, what else is on your wireless/wired Airport Express network?

And finally which motherboard model is your iPC? You should be able to determine this during the startup screen during the Bios post.

After seeing the 3.2.0 system run here like it did with the older Dell XP laptop and my Macbook in Windows 7 simultaneously running as clients to an iPC I am confident we can get your system up and running on 3.2.0.
  • Just as a testing measure do you have another wifi router at your disposal to try? I dug up a pretty old Dell Windows XP SP2 laptop (2ghz, 1gig ram) and connected it to one of the iPCs here in the test lab and connected and ran all kinds of chases and programming for about an hour without any hiccups on v3.2.0.

Make sure if you setup your Airport Express to serve DHCP that you disable DHCP server on both the iPC and the RFU. That is very important!

Also make sure run server is not checked in Hog3PC settings on your RFU or any unit you are connecting via Wifi.

Also, what else is on your wireless/wired Airport Express network?

And finally which motherboard model is your iPC? You should be able to determine this during the startup screen during the Bios post.

After seeing the 3.2.0 system run here like it did with the older Dell XP laptop and my Macbook in Windows 7 simultaneously running as clients to an iPC I am confident we can get your system up and running on 3.2.0.
Children
No Data
Related