Hog 3 Fixture Builder revisited

Here we are again after several months since the last time I asked about this.
We as lighting designers and programmers are handed a number of off brand fixtures last minute that have to be either installed or used on an event. We need a software package or major improvements to the fixture builder on the Hog.
When building fixtures, I even go look at other fixtures similar to it to help in the creation of the new library. However there are certain fields where you enter information that will not allow you to save the file unless the information is correct. And without some better way of confirming the information is correct, we bang our heads against the wall trying to get this stuff done.
The fix all is not sending one person the fixture info and waiting for a library.
The fix is however providing us with the proper tools(information, software, education) to get our jobs done!
How long do we have to wait for something? Been asking, calling for over 2 yrs about this.
Also the same with a remote focus capability. How about an app for a tablet or an android phone? Not asking for a free hand out here. Happy to pay for one.
Thanks
Parents
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;56507]Here we are again after several months since the last time I asked about this.
    We as lighting designers and programmers are handed a number of off brand fixtures last minute that have to be either installed or used on an event. We need a software package or major improvements to the fixture builder on the Hog.
    When building fixtures, I even go look at other fixtures similar to it to help in the creation of the new library. However there are certain fields where you enter information that will not allow you to save the file unless the information is correct. And without some better way of confirming the information is correct, we bang our heads against the wall trying to get this stuff done.
    The fix all is not sending one person the fixture info and waiting for a library.
    The fix is however providing us with the proper tools(information, software, education) to get our jobs done!
    How long do we have to wait for something? Been asking, calling for over 2 yrs about this.
    Also the same with a remote focus capability. How about an app for a tablet or an android phone? Not asking for a free hand out here. Happy to pay for one.
    Thanks

My only problem is that I can't get to build more than 2 fixtures. Not even if I merge shows. I understand that it could be a little tedious to build, but I finally got good at it. Where I work, we get a lot of Chinese lights. I guess I had no choice but to adapt. But I totally agree with a special software to build fixtures and then transfer them to the Hog3PC. Is that too much to ask?
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;56507]Here we are again after several months since the last time I asked about this.
    Thanks

My only problem is that I can't get to build more than 2 fixtures. Not even if I merge shows. I understand that it could be a little tedious to build, but I finally got good at it. Where I work, we get a lot of Chinese lights. I guess I had no choice but to adapt. But I totally agree with a special software to build fixtures and then transfer them to the Hog3PC. Is that too much to ask?
Children
No Data
Related