Default Effect size ??

This has Always annoyed me, but have never thought about taking up here.. but I´ve never understood why the default effect size is not 0...

-I realize that "it´s always been like that" even since H2, but that does not necessarily make it the best value.

-Can we please have a discussion about this? -What does all you other guys out there feel about this?

-Me personally I only use a few of the default effects, but for example circle I use.. I find it counterproductive to start at 180 degrees size..(after all,most pan/tilt effects usually have a size from 0 to 50 or so) the logical thing is to let it start at 0 and fade up the size.. now I "have" to either change the default when I create a new show, or start in blind and get the size to 0 before releasing blind again, to not have all my movers spin around like crazy for about two seconds..

-So please feel free to speak up ;)
Parents
  • I'm with you all, grabbing a bunch of lights on the fly and applying a circle effect just makes it look like you've lost control, OK you can use blind turn down the size and speed turn blind off and your away but its just more button presses when you need to do something quick....... I cant see why anyone would be upset if the size was reduced down, maybe not to zero as i'm sure some people would have the issues thinking that the effect isn't running but how about 45 or something like that ?
  • I'm with you all, grabbing a bunch of lights on the fly and applying a circle effect just makes it look like you've lost control, OK you can use blind turn down the size and speed turn blind off and your away but its just more button presses when you need to do something quick....... I cant see why anyone would be upset if the size was reduced down, maybe not to zero as i'm sure some people would have the issues thinking that the effect isn't running but how about 45 or something like that ?
Children
No Data
Related