Rackmount Boot Mode

I'm trying to load 3.2.2 on my rackmount 3 backup system and cannot get the unit into boot mode. Neither USB keyboard nor programmer widget prevent standard boot up. When the new software disc is in drive at start up the console cannot complete start up procedure at all. Any ideas?
Parents
  • I have a rackmount unit in one of my installation as well.

I found that no matter what I did, here is the only way I could get to the boot menu to do a clean install.

1. Connect a PS/2 keyboard to the rackmount unit.

2. Let the console do a full initialization all the way into a show file.

3. Once the show file is loaded, Press Setup, then Quit.

4. When it asks you if you want to quit, hit Restart instead of shutdown or log off.

5. Once the console has shutdown and started the restart, press the control key on the PS/2 keyboard and it should get to the boot mode.

I've always had to do this and even a programming wing connected will not get me to the boot screen to do a clean install.

Eric is right about the disc. I've had one work just fine on a clean install and immediately install it into another console and have it come up bad. Usually related to the quality of CD-R I am using. I happen to get a crappy batch once cause they were inexpensive at the time.

Hope this is of some help.
  • I have a rackmount unit in one of my installation as well.

I found that no matter what I did, here is the only way I could get to the boot menu to do a clean install.

1. Connect a PS/2 keyboard to the rackmount unit.

2. Let the console do a full initialization all the way into a show file.

3. Once the show file is loaded, Press Setup, then Quit.

4. When it asks you if you want to quit, hit Restart instead of shutdown or log off.

5. Once the console has shutdown and started the restart, press the control key on the PS/2 keyboard and it should get to the boot mode.

I've always had to do this and even a programming wing connected will not get me to the boot screen to do a clean install.

Eric is right about the disc. I've had one work just fine on a clean install and immediately install it into another console and have it come up bad. Usually related to the quality of CD-R I am using. I happen to get a crappy batch once cause they were inexpensive at the time.

Hope this is of some help.
Children
No Data
Related