[Record] {Selected} with nothing selected records everything

Grab some fixtures, set them to some values. Hit backspace a few times to deselect everything. Hit [Record], then {More...}{Selected} [Cue#][Enter].

Instead of recording an empty Cue, everything is recorded. Hog II would make a blank cue. I want a blank cue. Logically, I should be getting a blank cue.

This is very useful when the designer tells you, after you've modified a bunch of stuff in an existing cue, that they want to record this, but then wants to add a new cue (before the next one) that restores everything back to what it was.

On Hog II, I could just record the new cue as a blank cue (as above), and then record the existing cue with {Forward} deselected.
Parents
  • Suppose I've got a bunch of cues already built.
    Cue 102
    Cue 103
    Cue 103.5
    Cue 104

I'm sitting in Cue 103. The designer asks for some stuff changed.
    THEN he says "OK, now record this as cue 103, but I also want to make a Cue 103.25 that looks like what Cue 103 was before we touched anything."

With everything in the programmer, I used to be able to deselect everything in the programmer, record 103.25 (which would now be a blank cue), and then Update-Forward Off (aka Cue Only). That way, whatever values were in Cue 103 for the lights I touched would be pushed into the new 103.25 (even if those lights had been changing in the original Cue 103)

Now, I could copy Cue 103 to 103.25, Record Cue 103-Cue Only, and finally Unblock Cue 103.25... but that takes more time.

But again, finding a workaround is a distant second-place to the console just working right in the first place.
  • Suppose I've got a bunch of cues already built.
    Cue 102
    Cue 103
    Cue 103.5
    Cue 104

I'm sitting in Cue 103. The designer asks for some stuff changed.
    THEN he says "OK, now record this as cue 103, but I also want to make a Cue 103.25 that looks like what Cue 103 was before we touched anything."

With everything in the programmer, I used to be able to deselect everything in the programmer, record 103.25 (which would now be a blank cue), and then Update-Forward Off (aka Cue Only). That way, whatever values were in Cue 103 for the lights I touched would be pushed into the new 103.25 (even if those lights had been changing in the original Cue 103)

Now, I could copy Cue 103 to 103.25, Record Cue 103-Cue Only, and finally Unblock Cue 103.25... but that takes more time.

But again, finding a workaround is a distant second-place to the console just working right in the first place.
Children
No Data
Related