[Record] {Selected} with nothing selected records everything

Grab some fixtures, set them to some values. Hit backspace a few times to deselect everything. Hit [Record], then {More...}{Selected} [Cue#][Enter].

Instead of recording an empty Cue, everything is recorded. Hog II would make a blank cue. I want a blank cue. Logically, I should be getting a blank cue.

This is very useful when the designer tells you, after you've modified a bunch of stuff in an existing cue, that they want to record this, but then wants to add a new cue (before the next one) that restores everything back to what it was.

On Hog II, I could just record the new cue as a blank cue (as above), and then record the existing cue with {Forward} deselected.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=stephlight;62080]You can also record what is in the programmer as 102 .5 and after renumber the cues or renumber the cue 103 as 103.25 and record 103.

...not if the original 103 contained information for 50 lights, and you only want to change 10 of them. Recording the programmer as 102.5 and then renumbering will result in the new 103 being the state of 102 with the programmed changes added, rather than the state of the original 103.

You are, however, correct that the new 103.25 would look like the old 103 using that method.
  • [QUOTE=stephlight;62080]You can also record what is in the programmer as 102 .5 and after renumber the cues or renumber the cue 103 as 103.25 and record 103.

...not if the original 103 contained information for 50 lights, and you only want to change 10 of them. Recording the programmer as 102.5 and then renumbering will result in the new 103 being the state of 102 with the programmed changes added, rather than the state of the original 103.

You are, however, correct that the new 103.25 would look like the old 103 using that method.
Children
No Data
Related