Smartfade 2496

I don't mean to be impatient, but is there an ETA on the arrival of the beta Smartsoft that will support the Smartfade 2496? Thanks to our salesman we are stuck with a light board that can't do the one thing we really wanted to be able to do. I've been patient for over a year now but am getting antsy pants. Thanks.

Jeremy 

• Hello Jeremy -

We are working on SmartSoft right now. I do not know when the beta version will be available yet. Out of curiosity, what is the "one thing [you] really wanted to be able to do"?

Thanks -

Sarah

• And more importantly, who was the dealer/salesperson ;-)

Best,

John 

• Sorry for the late response, all I really want to be able to do is setup scenes and switch between them easily using the software.

• Well, that's easy.

• Record Scene 1 onto Memory Fader 1
    • Record Scene 2 onto Memory Fader 2
    • etc.

For scene 1, raise Memory Fader 1 and ensure the other faders are down.

I expect you can guess the rest!

To record memories:

• Set up the look you want using any faders in any mode
    • Hit [Rec]
    • Hit any memory Bump button
      • They'll flash brightly to say "Already in use", or dimly to say "Empty"
      • You can change memory page before recording
    • Done!

To make the faders able to play back the Memories, hit the [Mem] button so it's lit up in Red. Faders with memories recorded will light their bump button in bright Red as well so you know which faders contain something.

SmartSoft isn't going to make that any easier - it adds a nice display, labelling and additional edit functions, plus the ability to save/load the show direct from a PC hard disk.

[edited by: Richard at 3:56 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 15 2008] [edited by: Richard at 3:54 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 15 2008]
  • Any news about Smartsoft for 2496? In October we will support a theatre festival and we'd like to take advantages of Smartsoft there...
  • Hi there -

I am hopeful that we will open a public beta test of the new SmartSoft quite soon, but I cannot specify a date at this time. I'm pretty sure you should be able to us it in October, either within the beta test or as released product if all goes well.

Thanks for your interest - 

Sarah

• Thank you for prompt answer.

I'm looking forward the beta testing...

regards Jan

• Thanks Richard,

due to the location of the lighting equipment relative to the sound board that would not be ideal. I have played with that a little and it's neat and all but my computer sits right next to the sound board and therefore would like to control these scene changes from the board when we don't have a designated person on lighting.

Appreciate the response though.

• Hmm - if your sound desk supports MIDI, you could also look into using MIDI remote control of the SmartFade.

Or, (possibly even better) - do you have the space to move the SmartFade next to your computer, given how small it is?

- Maybe something like a keyboard shelf  underneath the sound desk?

Otherwise, SmartSoft is still very much 'under construction' - I've seen an alpha copy, but it isn't in a state you'd want to use yet!

[edited by: Richard at 5:05 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 12 2008]
  • Richard:

To record memories:

• Set up the look you want using any faders in any mode
    • Hit [Rec]
    • Hit any memory Bump button
      • They'll flash brightly to say "Already in use", or dimly to say "Empty"
      • You can change memory page before recording
    • Done!

Think you got one part backwards, Richard... The MEM bump buttons will flash dimly for "in use" and brightly for "empty".  Just confirmed on the 1296 next to me :-).

[edited by: mgarrison at 9:24 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Aug 13 2008]
Related