The main problem of SmartFade (non-ML) - Problème principal de La SmartFade (non ML)

After two years using this console, there is actually only one real problem that hurts me: the impossibility of building a "stack" without programming memories in advance.

A "build" mode would be perfect: you create an effect, you save, and that's all.

Recording a new memory is really boring, and makes the creation of a live “stack” (during a rehearsal, for example) more complicated. It is also particularly long when using color scrollers.

If I had to retain only one improvement that would be this one.

PS: to be able to run the SmartSoft on a eeePc (1024x800px) would also be really cool and perfectly in keeping to the minimalist philosophy of this great small console ;o)

Après deux ans d’utilisation de la console, il ne reste en fait qu’un seul vrai problème qui me chagrine : l’impossibilité de construire un « stack » sans programmer des mémoires à l’avance.

Un mode « build » serait parfait : on fait un effet, on enregistre, et c’est tout.

Devoir à chaque fois enregistrer une nouvelle mémoire est vraiment fastidieux, et rend compliquée la création d’un "stack" en live (au cour d’une répétition, par exemple). C’est aussi particulièrement long  quand on utilise des scrollers de couleurs.

Si je ne devais retenir qu’une seule amélioration ça serait celle-ci.

PS : pouvoir faire tourner le SmartSoft sur un eeePc (1024x800) serait aussi vraiment cool et parfaitement adapté à la philosophie minimaliste de la console ;o)

Parents Reply Children
  • The next version of SmartFade will offer the following changes to Independents:

User selectable level (applies equally to all DMX address patched to the IND)
    Pre or Post Grand Master and BlackOut button
    Latch or Bump operation

This makes it similar the the IND operation in Smartfade ML.  Additionally, in SmartFade ML the way INDs are patched will be made like the SmartFade method so that multiple DMX addresses maty be patched to each IND.

[edited by: AdamBennette at 4:29 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 25 2008]
  • Are those changes available for other channels (selectable levels, pre or post grand master, latch or bump) ?

I guess no, but it would be great.

• My previous message is stupid...

In fact, that would be usefull if it (pre or post, bump or latch) could be applied to memorie's bumps...
  • One more thing :

Have you planned to give the possibility to save the show and patch separetely?

• Bonjour!

No, there is no real need for this.  Because you can load the show or the patch from any file there is no particular benefit in saving the patch alone.

• Hi Adam,

The reason why I think this usefull, is when you arrive in a new place to play your show :

#1 : you reset everything (to be sure...)
    #2 : you make the patch according to your needs
    #3 : it's time to load the show...
    #4 : oups, you've overwrited the patch that you have just done, by loading the original patch that is already in the backup.

Of course, it's not absolutely necessary, but it could be easier ;o)

Another way could be to have the choice when you load a backup (load the show, load the patch, or load everything).

La raison pour laquelle je pense utile de pouvoir sauver le patch et la conduite séparément, c'est que quand vous arrivez quelque part pour jouer votre spectacle :

#1 : vous faites un reset global (pour être sûr..)
    #2 : vous faites un patch en fonction de votre plan
    #3 : c'est le moment de charger la conduite
    #4 : oups, vous venez d'écraser le patch que vous venez de faire en chargeant la conduite qui contenait déjà un patch.

Bien sûr ça n'est pas indispensable, mais ça serait plus simple ;o).

Un autre moyen serait de pouvoir choisir au moment de charger une sauvegarde (charger la conduite, charger le patch, ou les deux).

[edited by: arnof at 4:08 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jun 27 2008]
Related