The main problem of SmartFade (non-ML) - Problème principal de La SmartFade (non ML)

After two years using this console, there is actually only one real problem that hurts me: the impossibility of building a "stack" without programming memories in advance.

A "build" mode would be perfect: you create an effect, you save, and that's all.

Recording a new memory is really boring, and makes the creation of a live “stack” (during a rehearsal, for example) more complicated. It is also particularly long when using color scrollers.

If I had to retain only one improvement that would be this one.

PS: to be able to run the SmartSoft on a eeePc (1024x800px) would also be really cool and perfectly in keeping to the minimalist philosophy of this great small console ;o)

Après deux ans d’utilisation de la console, il ne reste en fait qu’un seul vrai problème qui me chagrine : l’impossibilité de construire un « stack » sans programmer des mémoires à l’avance.

Un mode « build » serait parfait : on fait un effet, on enregistre, et c’est tout.

Devoir à chaque fois enregistrer une nouvelle mémoire est vraiment fastidieux, et rend compliquée la création d’un "stack" en live (au cour d’une répétition, par exemple). C’est aussi particulièrement long  quand on utilise des scrollers de couleurs.

Si je ne devais retenir qu’une seule amélioration ça serait celle-ci.

PS : pouvoir faire tourner le SmartSoft sur un eeePc (1024x800) serait aussi vraiment cool et parfaitement adapté à la philosophie minimaliste de la console ;o)

Parents
  • Bonjour,

you will be pleased to hear that this is precisely what is in the next version, due very soon (this summer). 

199 pas de sequence stack directement enregistrables, syntaxe simple:

RECORD MEM > STACK
    ou
    EDIT > STACK

• Funny you should say that...

As of this weekend, I find myself needing to research/shop for a gear for a full lighting system installation and, while I am looking for a "mid-range" price controller, I've automatically been dismissing SmartFade (non ML) because of past experience struggling (and failing, on two boards in two cities) to build a cue stack in anything like a practical manner. Otherwise, for functionality and price point, it's a reasonable alternative to, say, a Leviton series or anything else under around three grand. (Okay, I'm tired of Leprecon. It was cheap eats for awhile there but... Yes, yes, the Express has been a beautiful thing...)

Anyhow, I need to be able to drive a couple dozen dimmers' hang of conventionals for theatrical and events with some basic looks and timings flexibility -- don't care about effects -- by subs or cue stack. Simple stuff... but I gotta have a GO button because sometimes hands and eyes have better things to do during performance than _run_ lights, y'know? All this in mind, I'd rather have an ETC controller... (I'm afraid of Strand already.)

Ssso... is ETC releasing a new SmartFade (non-ML) soon that addresses this, gets past the hairpulling stack build procedure, offers a straightforward approach? If so, how soon might it be available for demo, at least? (I'm California, Bay Area.) I need to put together this install grocery list fairly soon.

Thank you,

TRG

• This is in work at the moment. I don't know specifically when it will become availble for beta testing, but it will be. More to follow...

Thanks -

Sarah

• Will this "upgrade" sit on the same hardware, or is there a new version of the hardware in the works?
  • Yes, it runs on the same hardware - this is just a software upgrade.
Reply Children
Related