USB to DMX

Hey,

I am waiting for the Smartsoft to come put on mac (only days away) but in the mean time i am looking for the best USB to DMX dongle to use.  Does anyone have any advice when looking at these and what kinda prices am i going to come across??

Cheers 

Parents
  • Also, just to make sure there isn't any confusion: the only USB to DMX device that will work with Smartsoft is a Smartfade console.

-Mark

• Good point - re-reading Rodders post, it sounds like he may be hoping to use SmartSoft as a PC/Mac-based lighting controller.

SmartSoft is not a computer-based lighting controller.

SmartSoft has two purposes:

1. Advanced Offline Editor that can optionally connect to a 3rd-party lighting visualisation application.
    2. Expanded visual display and online editor when connected to a compatible SmartFade console.
    Currently only SmartFade ML is supported, other SmartFades are coming in the fullness of time

• Good point - re-reading Rodders post, it sounds like he may be hoping to use SmartSoft as a PC/Mac-based lighting controller.

SmartSoft is not a computer-based lighting controller.

SmartSoft has two purposes:

1. Advanced Offline Editor that can optionally connect to a 3rd-party lighting visualisation application.
    2. Expanded visual display and online editor when connected to a compatible SmartFade console.
    Currently only SmartFade ML is supported, other SmartFades are coming in the fullness of time

Children
Related