Accessing Smartsoft

Okay- complete novice with a new Element. (Spent 25 years using a Strand Mantrix). Our two hour crash course orientation tech guy was using smartsoft- though he never told us what it was. I have fumbled around enough to se that it is a lighting simulator- allowing "virtual" running of the console. Problem- is it only available for PC? I cannot seem to download it onto my iPad or my Mac Pro or my iMAC. Help?

• Hi Thomas,

If you're using an Element console, that will not connect with SmartSoft or the simulator that goes with SmartSoft - that's for a totally different family of consoles, the SmartFade family.

We have worked with Capture Sweden (www.capturesweden.com/) to create some simulators to work with our other consoles as well, including Eos Family. Easiest place to find them is here: www.etcconnect.com/.../

You may also want to take a look at the Element video tutorials : www.etcconnect.com/.../Introduction-to-Element.aspx

If you PM me your email address, I can work with our Education Center to get you a training file that works on a Mac. You can also take a look at Capture's website to see about making your own visualization using their software.
  • Dear Matt, Thank you very much. The ETC tech who came out to demo our Element was using visualizer as he was demonstrating the capabilities of our board. He connected his tablet to the console and was definitely running some type of simulator. For example- he would hit "go" for a cue and the simulated stage image would animate (simulate) the recorded cue. He told us it was ETC software? My e-mail is sevans@sd42.ca any help would be much appreciated.
Related