Paperwork for SF consoles

Has anyone created some paper/notes layouts for basic SF consoles? (ML is just another world.) Before I make my own, I thought someone might have at least gotten started.

What I am looking for is a format for noting what the various sliders and mems are doing to aid an operator during an unscripted event. It should name the mems and independents, and reference the various buttons to navigate the mess. I see a different page for each page of mems, and probably for each page of channels. I work with a lot of small groups that need more than can be put a strip of board tape.

After all, the main complaint about a SF is how easy it is to get lost in the various displays. There are 5 major display modes on a 1296, plus the stack! So any ideas are welcome.

------------------

RickR

Parents
  • Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Rick, I know this is an old thread, I now use a SmartFade 2496 and I plot all of the programming into an Excel spreadsheet. This is then printed on A3 landscape and is used as the run sheet and queue list for the show.  You could just display the spreadsheet on a computer or laptop running next to the lighting desk.

The information includes:

• All of the channel percentage levels for each memory stored.
    •  The page and memory channel number for each memory.
    •  The Stack queue and Queue point numbers.
    •  Item/Scene description
    • "Go on queue" information.

If you would like to see an example I would be happy to supply one.

• Old yes, but you are the only one to respond. So thanks just for that!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one these days to use paper. I think the PC software now does a lot of what you are talking about. My main needs are not for the stack. I consult with play-by-ear groups like churches, that just can't be tied to a set que list. I've settled on many lists on regular paper. Un-inspiring and frequently causes confusion when they get jumbled.

You should post your base file, or an example version. I would like to see it. Even if it's not what I am looking for someone else may see just what they want. After all, that's what these forums are all about - learning from each other.

Thanks

• Old yes, but you are the only one to respond. So thanks just for that!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one these days to use paper. I think the PC software now does a lot of what you are talking about. My main needs are not for the stack. I consult with play-by-ear groups like churches, that just can't be tied to a set que list. I've settled on many lists on regular paper. Un-inspiring and frequently causes confusion when they get jumbled.

You should post your base file, or an example version. I would like to see it. Even if it's not what I am looking for someone else may see just what they want. After all, that's what these forums are all about - learning from each other.

Thanks

Children
  • Cue #

Fade time

Channel levels

Scene/Page # for script reference

Patch/memory

A/B selection (circle one) basically allowing you to regularly set on the A set or B set or just manually move a couple channels on the live stack to avoid unnecessary duplication of simple cues

a general notes section for each cue is nice

at the top of the page:  SHow/scene/date modified and most importantly: Page #___ of ___  this will help enormously when the folder inevitably gets dumped

• I have attached a sample snippet of the excel file I use for a queue list and run sheet.

Rick, for the work you do with no set queue list you could use the second tab in the spreadsheet. It is where I list a description of all of the memory and sequences.

regards

Sample_Lighting_QueueList.xls
Related