Memory pages over-riding other pages

I'm a bit of a newbie at the ML so please bear with me.   I"m an ML rookie.

I have memories programed and stored on Page 1 and page 2 of the Memories. 

Page 1 Mem 1 is the house lights.

Page 2 Mem 1 is two Revolotion lights focussed center stage as a spotlight.

When I push the fader up when on Page 1, obviously the house lights go on.   That part is easy, that's the way its supposed to work.

With the house lights up, I go to Page 2.   the fader for Mem 1 is already up because the house lights were turned on.   So after changing to Page 2 I pull the fader down in order to grab the Revolutions and push the fader up to illuminate the stage.  

The problem is that when I change to Page 2 and pull Mem1 down the house lights dim and go out.   This shouldn't happen should it?   If I set the fader in Mem 1 to a position and then change to Page 2, can I not use that same fader as Page 2 Mem 1 for whatever I'd like and not have it interfere with Page 1 Mem 1?   I need to keep the house lights up while illuminating the state and all the memories on page 1 are full, so I'm saving alternate lighting set up on page 2 and 3. 

Why does adjusting P2M1 affect P1M1?  What am I missing?  

If this is a dumb question, please tell me so, but also let me know if there's a way to avoid this problem so I can used each memory page indepenently of the memories recorded on other pages.  

Thanks for your help.  I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions!!  :)

Parents
  • Normal behavior would be that pages are independent form each other. On the Smartfade 12/24,  24/96, 12/96 pages are completly independent from each other, allthough it's possible that there's some problem in the new beta software?? The Smartfade for conventional lighting has a HTP (Highest Takes Preference) non-tracking behavior. While the Smartfade ML has a LTP (latest takes preference) behavior (tracking) to simplify moving lights programming. You could try a work around by adding your house lights in the mem2 ?

What's the output on the screen of your Smartsoft when you encounter this?

• I'm not really sure what's on Smartsoft when we do this.  We just installed the board a couple months ago and haven't done much with Smartsoft yet.   I'll have to check and see when I'm there later today.

yeah, I'd thought of re-recording all my memories with the house lights in the ones I want, and the foyer lights as well.    It just creates a big mess for  me, and I don't like big messes    :)

• I'm not really sure what's on Smartsoft when we do this.  We just installed the board a couple months ago and haven't done much with Smartsoft yet.   I'll have to check and see when I'm there later today.

yeah, I'd thought of re-recording all my memories with the house lights in the ones I want, and the foyer lights as well.    It just creates a big mess for  me, and I don't like big messes    :)

Children
No Data
Related