Device commands don't work

I have four High End Studio Spot CMY fixtures in my rig.

Of the device commands, only "reset" works.  "Lamp on" and "lamp off" do not function.

How do I modify the device personalities to make this work?  This is really just an annoyance, since I can directly access the control channel via the fader or encoder wheels, but it would be nice to be able to make it work.

I am running firmware version 2.1.0.9.0.23 and personality library 4.7.2

Thanks.

[edited by: thirdsigma at 1:20 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jan 4 2009]
Parents
  • Hi there -

I will forward you comment to the team, but in the mean time, could you try something? I believe these fixtures require the strobe to be closed for these commands to work. Can you try manually closing the strobe shutter then using the commands? Does that make any difference?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Sarah,

You are correct, the shutter/strobe channel needs to be at zero to access the control channel.  I have the strobe channel at zero.  As I said, "reset" works, the others don't.  Therefore, I know that I am correctly accessing the control channel.

I have attempted this in SmartSoft also.  When I do a "reset" I see that the control channel goes to 26% for a brief time.  When I try "lamp on" or "lamp off" the control channel does nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Craig

• Sarah,

You are correct, the shutter/strobe channel needs to be at zero to access the control channel.  I have the strobe channel at zero.  As I said, "reset" works, the others don't.  Therefore, I know that I am correctly accessing the control channel.

I have attempted this in SmartSoft also.  When I do a "reset" I see that the control channel goes to 26% for a brief time.  When I try "lamp on" or "lamp off" the control channel does nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Craig

Children
Related