[bug ?] SF1248 - editing stack with memories as groups

When I build my stack with memories (that I am using as groups) by adding direct steps, I cannot decrease the level of a group when I edit the cue.

IE :

memory 1 = ch 1 & 2 @ FF
memory 2 = ch 3 & 4 @ FF

1st direct cue = memory 1 @ FF & mem 2 @ 50 %

When I edit the direct cue then press mem, I can only increase level of mem 2, but I can't go under for each of them.

Is there a workaround ? It could be very, very, usefull.

Thanks

Parents
  • arnof said:

When I build my stack with memories (that I am using as groups) by adding direct steps, I cannot decrease the level of a group when I edit the cue.

IE :

memory 1 = ch 1 & 2 @ FF
    memory 2 = ch 3 & 4 @ FF

When I edit the direct cue then press mem, I can only increase level of mem 2, but I can't go under for each of them.

Thanks

Indeed, if I understand correctly this seems logical if you keep in mind the previous versions of Smartsoft / Smartfade software, in those you needed to record mems first, and then cretae stacks. Now the nice folks of ETC introduced direct cue steps into the stack, but they do not entirly act als normal memories. for instance you aren't able to label them properly and the problem you decribed arises. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is due to the fact that you create your direct cue from an existing memory with channels at FF, so the created new stack step keeps those channels at FF.

In reply to the replies: it is possible to set intensity values with the encoder wheel. On the Smartfade 2496 you can easily set levels with encoders per channel or in a 1 thru 20 style. So that feature already exists. Now we only need command line style direct input from a keyboard in Smartsoft.

• arnof said:

IE :

memory 1 = ch 1 & 2 @ FF
    memory 2 = ch 3 & 4 @ FF

Thanks

Indeed, if I understand correctly this seems logical if you keep in mind the previous versions of Smartsoft / Smartfade software, in those you needed to record mems first, and then cretae stacks. Now the nice folks of ETC introduced direct cue steps into the stack, but they do not entirly act als normal memories. for instance you aren't able to label them properly and the problem you decribed arises. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is due to the fact that you create your direct cue from an existing memory with channels at FF, so the created new stack step keeps those channels at FF.

In reply to the replies: it is possible to set intensity values with the encoder wheel. On the Smartfade 2496 you can easily set levels with encoders per channel or in a 1 thru 20 style. So that feature already exists. Now we only need command line style direct input from a keyboard in Smartsoft.

Children
  • Jeroen said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is due to the fact that you create your direct cue from an existing memory with channels at FF

No, I am creating direct cue from many memories, acting as many groups. I would like that they react just like the channels...
    In fact I would like to edit direct cues with memory faders (just as I did when I created it) end not with channels faders.
    but... It could be easier to explain if my English were better... IS THERE SOMEONE UNDERSTANDING ME ?????? (and eventually could explain it better than I..)

... and I agree, a way to set levels with keyboard could be great !

[edited by: arnof at 1:15 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 9 2009]
  • Hello / Salut,

The problem is this:  A stack step contains either a single memory, a single channel, or a set of channels called a direct cue.  If the set of channels for the direct cue is made by mixing memories then only the resulting levels are recorded.   There is no record in the stack step direct cue of where the channels came from.  This is why it is not possible to re-balance the component memories in a direct cue step.

However, you may edit the levels in the stack direct cue in the same way as a memory.  Each channel may be raised or lowered in the edit function.  EDIT>STACK.

Salutations,

Adam

• AdamBennette said:
    However, you may edit the levels in the stack direct cue in the same way as a memory.  Each channel may be raised or lowered in the edit function.  EDIT>STACK.

Hello Adam,

I knew that but I was hoping it could be different... maybe in the future ;o)

Thank you for this answer !

Greetings

Related