Smartfade ML

I had a good play with the ML at the recent AC Lighting trade show and had I had my cheque book with me I rather suspect I may have placed an order there and then. I didn't, so have been reading the manual instead which has flagged up a couple of questions which may be of general interest. I appreciate that it's easy to 'feature-creep' so feel free to say 'no'...

1) Are there any plans to allow the 'off' state of IND1/2 to be set to other than '0'. My use would be that I usually run hazers at a low level and bump them to higher levels when needed. The background level is never '0'.

2) The manual talks of colour palettes being automatically generated for CMY devices. How does this work alongside devices with colour wheels?

3) Will the RGB backlight of the select button feature work on scrollers? 

4) Will the new Smartsoft allow users to create their own profiles?

Thanks, I'm sure there will be other questions. 

Parents
  • Hi,

I can answer two of those questions.

2) Yes color palettes are automaticly created for CMY devices. But you always have the possibility to re-record any of the palettes. As well, it's possible to record the value of the Color wheel into the palette, be it a device with or without CMY mixing.

3) No. The SmartFadeML is not aware of what colors you have in you scroller or color wheel and can therefore not show what color is on. The LEDs on the device select buttons only show the result of the CMY/RGB color mixing.

Hope this helps,

Oskar

• Thanks Oskar,

having watched the new demo video I wonder if the colour-coded keys could get a bit confusing. I didn't take much notice when I had the console in front of me but it looks as though the colour of the key doesn't change when you record over the default palette. So you might have a palette of blue but on a key lit yellow? 

• Hello Brian,

You comments are noted gratefully.

SmartFade ML will include a means to build a custom personality in a future version, both in the console and in SmartSoft.  I cannot yet say when this version will be released, however, we are aware of the need for this feature.

We will also be providing a way to set the button colours for palettes that do not contain CMY mixing.  This will allow the user to adjust manually the button colour to match the colour set-up on a scroller or colour wheel.

I had not considered the need for a minimum level on the IND channels.  That is an interesting idea that should be possible in principle.  We will look into adding this feature.

Thank you,

Adam Bennette

Technical Director, ETC London

• Hello Brian,

You comments are noted gratefully.

SmartFade ML will include a means to build a custom personality in a future version, both in the console and in SmartSoft.  I cannot yet say when this version will be released, however, we are aware of the need for this feature.

We will also be providing a way to set the button colours for palettes that do not contain CMY mixing.  This will allow the user to adjust manually the button colour to match the colour set-up on a scroller or colour wheel.

I had not considered the need for a minimum level on the IND channels.  That is an interesting idea that should be possible in principle.  We will look into adding this feature.

Thank you,

Adam Bennette

Technical Director, ETC London

Children
No Data
Related