Smartfade Training videos

Many people do not know about the flash based Smartfade tutorials we have on our website.

You can find them here

I made these videos to assist people in learning the SmartFade console.  Please watch them. I probably need to update these soon so I would appreciate any feedback.

David 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi David,

So it looks like there used to be basic Smartfade training videos but they have now been replaced by Smartfade ML training videos.  I'm going to be installing a basic Smartfade in a facility with a lot of people who don't know anything about lighting.  So having training videos where the console on screen matches the console they are looking at is critical.  I'm afraid they will only get confused watching the Smartfade ML videos.  Is there any way I can get a copy of the old videos? 

Thanks,

Gaff

[edited by: gafftaper at 11:31 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Feb 22 2011]
  • Hi,

Sorry, those videos came down for a while but we have reposted this series in the Tutorials section of our etcconnect site: http://www.etcconnect.com/support.tutorialseries.aspx?seriesId=10

as well as our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ETCVideoLibrary#grid/user/D9B1D673AF5226C3

Note that these tutorials were made with version 1.6 software, but the basic concepts still hold.

Hope this helps,

David Geel

• Thanks,

I hadn't received the Smartfade yet when I posted this.  I was happy to find a training DVD came with it, so it looks like there are several options.

Gaff

• I frequently refer people to these videos.

We deal with a lot of churches and small venues that tend to have volunteer turn-over issues. I would love to see the videos updated to match the current software and production values.

• Video #4 "working with sequences" refers to the following video as being about working with stacks. Where did that one go?

This series was sooo helpful when training volunteers in our community theatre. It is a pity the original Smartfade series is no longer available.

MichaelS

• Hey Dave,

In the Smartfade tutorials, the video about Sequences refers to the STACK sequence and the teacher says, "we will come back to that in the next video".....but the "next" video does not talk about sequences at all.  Is it possible that the STACK video was left out when the series was re-posted?  Is it possible to get a copy of the video that speaks about STACK, please?

Thanks,

Glenn

glenn.hoit@asd20.org

Related