Using an American DJ dimmer with smartfade/smartbar system

Hi - I have 2 American DJ DP-DMX-20 dimmer packs and wondered if they might be usable in my ETC system - (smartbar 2; smartfade 2496).  Could I use a 5-3 pin dmx adapter?    Thanks! 

Parents
  • Yes, a 5pin to 3pin XLR adapter is exactly what you need.  Pins are wired one to one, i.e.

5pin - 3pin

Pin1=Pin1

Pin2=Pin2

Pin3=Pin3

Pin4=unused

Pin5=unused

Note however that the ADJ packs and the SmartBars will most likely have different dimming curves, so the exact same fixtures will not match in intensity at all percentages.  A simple solution to this is to separate by purpose: front lights on one and back lights on the other, or pinks light on one and blue lights on another... (you get the idea).

• Yes, a 5pin to 3pin XLR adapter is exactly what you need.  Pins are wired one to one, i.e.

5pin - 3pin

Pin1=Pin1

Pin2=Pin2

Pin3=Pin3

Pin4=unused

Pin5=unused

Note however that the ADJ packs and the SmartBars will most likely have different dimming curves, so the exact same fixtures will not match in intensity at all percentages.  A simple solution to this is to separate by purpose: front lights on one and back lights on the other, or pinks light on one and blue lights on another... (you get the idea).

Children
Related