Where can I download the latest SmartFade ML firmware?

What the title says - I can't find it on the website...

Parents Reply
  • Thanks - I got it.

Now I'm running into another problem - the manual for the SmartFade ML says to put the file on an SD card (done) and then do this step:

"Start the console in test mode. This is done by holding down the MENU button and pressing once on ON."

When I follow those instructions, my console does not enter test mode - the LED says:

Shutdown request

Confirm or Abort

Children
  • First shutdown the console.

Then pull the power cable from the back of the console (leave the edison plugged in). With the Menu (checkmark) button held down, plug the power to the console back in. Keep the checkmark pressed until the console says "Entering Test Mode, Release Buttons."

Now let go of the checkmark. The last option in the test mode is to update firmware; to get to this option you will need to keep pressing check mark until the Memory test is completed ( this tests takes a few seconds, so don't be discouraged if you cannot checkmark through the memory test for a few moments). The  LCD screen will say, "Firmware Upgrade/ Are you sure? [No]" Insert the SD card with the firmware update and use the R encoder wheel to toggle to [yes]. Now press the Checkmark and the console will upgade the firmware and then reboot.

If you would prefer, we are happy to walk you through this process over the phone,

Americas - 1.608.831.4116 or 1.800.688.4116

London - +44 (0)20 8896 1000

Germany - +49 (8024) 47 00-0

Hong Kong - (+852) 2799 1220

•  You're close, you just have to have the console turned off when you hold down the check button then hit power button. Then release the check button when it tells you. You will now be in self test mode, and you can hit the check button to continue through the tests. Right after the memory test, it will ask if you want to upgrade, just spin the right-most encoder clockwise and hit the check button again with your SD card in the slot.

Also, if you get an error during the memory test, don't worry about it, some consoles have a bug in the older firmware versions that will give you an error if a fader or button is hit while the test is running.

Hope this helps,

-Ben

*oops guess I should have refreshed sooner :)

[edited by: bteigen at 11:47 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jan 31 2011]
  • Probably a dumb question here, but if I update the software on my ML, will it maintain the current patching and setup, or will I have to restore these from the SD card after the new SW is on board? Thanks!

• Tech support will probably ask about your current version. I don't have the details on any particular update, but best be prepared. If something goes wrong...

Making  backups is the only smart way to deal with our digital lives. I recently dropped my laptop and killed the HD completely. I've heard of lightning strikes while the console was on and spilled drinks de-laminating the circuit boards on a console.

Electrons are small and fickle don't trust them.

• HI -

Loading new software to any SmartFade family console will reset the memory. Please store your important show data to an SD card or to your PC via the USB connection with SmartSoft before updating the console. (I often save to more than one place, to echo Rick's advice. Just in case...)

Thanks much -

Sarah

Related