Smart Fade Personality not found for Silver Star on new Fixture Library v6.6.5

Hope there is someone who can help me out.....

We have just bought an ETC Smart Fade ML, for an installation (which is now complete except for desk) in a new TV Studio.

I was going through the list of fixtures it has in the Fixture Library Contents List, and found that it did not have a few of the fixtures which we have installed.

Silver Star is not even part of the new Firmware Library which I updated to...(v3.0.0)

We have installed a number of Silver Star MXPRIMEs (LED moving head 16/12 chnls), and the Silver Star BOXER LEDs (11/6 chnls, RGBW)

I was wondering if there is a personality for this fixtures some where out there...?

If personalities need to be built, I can send the Channel lists.

I feel rather stupid cause I cant seem to get the User Defined Personality Patch to work...

I did send an email to uk@etcconnect.com, on the 2011/03/11, but haven't had a reply.

• If there is some one who can build a personality for the following devices, please do....

I have been sitting trying to get the User defined personality builder to work on the SF ML, but to no avail....

Here are the devices and their channels....

Silver Star - Boxer (RGBW LED) 6 Channel (Ar2.s - Mode)

Ch1-Dimmer

Ch2-Red

Ch3-Green

Ch4-Blue

Ch5-White

Ch6-Strobe

Silver Star - Mx Prime (RGBAW Led Moving Head) 12 Channel Basic Mode

Ch1-Pan

Ch2-Tilit

Ch3-Red

Ch4-Green

Ch5-Blue

Ch6-White

Ch7-Amber

Ch8-Colour Macro

Ch9-Dimmer

Ch10-Strobe

Ch11-Zoom

Ch12-Control

And if anyone knows what Led Personality I can use for the following fixture....

SRL-6057-L LED Par

Ch1-Red

Ch2-Green

Ch3-Blue

Ch4-Auto Program

Ch5-Auto Program Speed

Ch6-Strobe

Hope some one is able to help...

Thanx!!

• Do you already have a copy of the manual? If not, here are the SmartFade ML downloads - direct link to the PDF)

The custom user personality instructions and some worked examples are on pages 32-37.

A quick summary, to create a custom personality:

Use the left-hand dial to choose the appropriate DMX offset, the middle dial to choose the Home value 0-255, and press the fader bump button for the parameter it should be.
    - Pan and Tilt 16-bit parameter faders have Coarse and Fine. For these, hit the button again to cycle through the options.

Two of your fixtures are RGB colour mixing mode. Hit [More] to switch between the modes and select RGB, and the Hue/Sat parameter buttons to assign each of Red, Green and Blue.

The third one that's got an Amber should use the "RGBA" mode, and Amber goes on Fader 6

[edited by: Richard at 6:45 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 23 2011]
Related