Bug - Fan function doesn't Record

While trying to record a linear effect using the fan function (like 1:2), after Recording, it doesn't.

I did call Tech Support to confirm

Parents
  • Hi Joe,

Can you please describe the actions you are doing and the results you are expecting vs. seeing?

Note: Using the Fan function doesn't record anything itself. It just affects the parameter values and all changes have to be recorded. Could this explain something?

• Well I think if I remember, like my first post, I set the look and push the fan button and change the ratio. Then I record to one of the bump buttons. bring the fader up and the fan parameters didnt record.

Tech support said it was a bug.  So why have the fan button, if your not allowed to record it?  Busking?

[edited by: Joe_ML at 1:58 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, May 2 2011]
  • Which version of SmartFade ML are you using, and can you describe the exact keypresses you did that showed the issue?
    - A copy of the showfile you're working with would be useful.

I've tried this over and over with v3.0.0 and it's working correctly every time, so I can only assume you're doing something different to me when I try to repeat it.

• V3.0.0.9.0.23

I had to remember how i did it and finally I just created the same problem!

Using Capture I have 12 Mac 500's 6 on top and 6 on bottom all aimed to front center of the stage, with iris at 50%. 2 different slow scrolling colors on every other fixture.

I'm using the linear effect edited like this, Speed 11, Depth 74, Type Mountain

1. I push [EFFECT], Linear 23, IRIS/23 button. 
    2. Then I push [FAN], [EFFECT], [SEL], Linear offset, [Wheel] Relation 1:9
    3. [RECORD ALL], [MEMS], Page 12, 18
    4. [HOME] all, [EFFECT], [24] To stop all effects

Then I bring the fader on 18 to full. 

NO SAVED FAN EFFECT, just Iris with Mountain Linear effect

If you still cant recreate this I will give you my Capture file and Show file. Although, if Tech Support saw the same thing as I did, there is no need for it.

[edited by: Joe_ML at 6:37 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 4 2011]
  • V3.0.0.9.0.23

I had to remember how i did it and finally I just created the same problem!

Using Capture I have 12 Mac 500's 6 on top and 6 on bottom all aimed to front center of the stage, with iris at 50%. 2 different slow scrolling colors on every other fixture.

I'm using the linear effect edited like this, Speed 11, Depth 74, Type Mountain

1. I push [EFFECT], Linear 23, IRIS/23 button. 
    2. Then I push [FAN], [EFFECT], [SEL], Linear offset, [Wheel] Relation 1:9
    3. [RECORD ALL], [MEMS], Page 12, 18
    4. [HOME] all, [EFFECT], [24] To stop all effects

Then I bring the fader on 18 to full. 

NO SAVED FAN EFFECT, just Iris with Mountain Linear effect

If you still cant recreate this I will give you my Capture file and Show file. Although, if Tech Support saw the same thing as I did, there is no need for it.

[edited by: Joe_ML at 6:37 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 4 2011]
Children
Related