Bug - Fan function doesn't Record

While trying to record a linear effect using the fan function (like 1:2), after Recording, it doesn't.

I did call Tech Support to confirm

Parents
  • Hi Joe,

Can you please describe the actions you are doing and the results you are expecting vs. seeing?

Note: Using the Fan function doesn't record anything itself. It just affects the parameter values and all changes have to be recorded. Could this explain something?

• Well I think if I remember, like my first post, I set the look and push the fan button and change the ratio. Then I record to one of the bump buttons. bring the fader up and the fan parameters didnt record.

Tech support said it was a bug.  So why have the fan button, if your not allowed to record it?  Busking?

[edited by: Joe_ML at 1:58 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, May 2 2011]
  • Which version of SmartFade ML are you using, and can you describe the exact keypresses you did that showed the issue?
    - A copy of the showfile you're working with would be useful.

I've tried this over and over with v3.0.0 and it's working correctly every time, so I can only assume you're doing something different to me when I try to repeat it.

• V3.0.0.9.0.23

I had to remember how i did it and finally I just created the same problem!

Using Capture I have 12 Mac 500's 6 on top and 6 on bottom all aimed to front center of the stage, with iris at 50%. 2 different slow scrolling colors on every other fixture.

I'm using the linear effect edited like this, Speed 11, Depth 74, Type Mountain

1. I push [EFFECT], Linear 23, IRIS/23 button. 
    2. Then I push [FAN], [EFFECT], [SEL], Linear offset, [Wheel] Relation 1:9
    3. [RECORD ALL], [MEMS], Page 12, 18
    4. [HOME] all, [EFFECT], [24] To stop all effects

Then I bring the fader on 18 to full. 

NO SAVED FAN EFFECT, just Iris with Mountain Linear effect

If you still cant recreate this I will give you my Capture file and Show file. Although, if Tech Support saw the same thing as I did, there is no need for it.

[edited by: Joe_ML at 6:37 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 4 2011]
  • Hi,

I have now digged deeper into this. It seems like there is a recording problem with the Effect Fan values for linear effects. We will look into fixing this in the next software version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Anders Ekvall said:

Hi,

I have now digged deeper into this. It seems like there is a recording problem with the Effect Fan values for linear effects. We will look into fixing this in the next software version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You!    Looking forward to the upcoming update!!!

• Can you just put out a simple update, so I can use the console, how it was created. I'd really like to make use of the FAN option.

I can't believe it's taking this long to fix.

• Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, with the amount of time it takes to test software updates with all of the different variants of hardware and computer software, it is not practical to do updates with individual corrections.

This defect has been captured as "RND 0015754:  Effects: Fan on linear effects isn't recorded properly in memories". It has been fixed in the next software update which will hopefully be going to open beta in the coming weeks.

I am sorry I can't give you a better timeline because of the nature of testing, but rest assured that we haven't forgotten about this issue. Keep an eye out for the announcement for open beta in the forums.

• Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, with the amount of time it takes to test software updates with all of the different variants of hardware and computer software, it is not practical to do updates with individual corrections.

This defect has been captured as "RND 0015754:  Effects: Fan on linear effects isn't recorded properly in memories". It has been fixed in the next software update which will hopefully be going to open beta in the coming weeks.

I am sorry I can't give you a better timeline because of the nature of testing, but rest assured that we haven't forgotten about this issue. Keep an eye out for the announcement for open beta in the forums.

Children
Related